How to fit working out into your daily schedule.

Options
Ok so i have talked to a few Nerdettes and it seems like one of the main issues is squeezing in your workout with your daily schedule.

Do you like a set workout schedule or fluid?

What workout schedule do you use/suggest?

Replies

• crow_about_it
    crow_about_it Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like a set workout schedule, but at times it becomes fluid out of necessity. My biggest hurdle is if I walk in my front door at the end of a day, I'm home, the end! I have to get my workout bag ready & throw it in the car in the morning, so I can go straight from work. If not, I end up blowing off the workout. :/
  • deedsedai
    deedsedai Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also find it hard to workout in the evenings. Once I'm home, I'm exhausted and getting me to walk is tough. I need to up it to lose weight, I lost some weight with my current plan which is nice. My schedule that seems to fit me:
    1. Log everything I eat - This seems to really help because before I didn't think I snacked as much but all those snack add up.
    2. Fit a 15 minute walk between work breaks, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. It helps me clear my head to continue to work again. Fortunately my work has a nice walking trail outside and a walking track inside. At first was just me but I got a friend and then other ladies were like "ooh I need to join ya'll" but really I just go with a friend or by myself.
    3. Go home, continue to log my meals.
    4. Pass out or maybe fit in another walk if I really want to be all fitness cool but usually fail at that.

That has helped me, I realized just moving a little bit where it adds up helped me. Also eating just 80% of my plate. It's hard to do that because I was really trained to eat it all with refugee parents.

Before I tried:
    Wake up at 5AM and walk/run
    Be glad that was over and still log my food for the day.

But that didn't stick long cause I hate waking up. And night time, well that's the night time exhaustion again.

If I were to be more serious about fitness, I'd probably do the mornings. It's nice to get it out the way first thing. It's not fast by any means, my method, but it's a routine I can get to stick. I lost 10lbs over 6 months doing this method and it was more like cut out my snacking and replace with walking. Weekends I walk the malls or a park. I bought a fitbit to sync with myfitnesspal. It keeps me on goal. Though last two weeks I was bad and forgot to charge it so I'm starting over and see if I can lose another 10lbs. My fitbit isn't fancy, but it keeps me on track.

• deedsedai
    deedsedai Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to add that I have a thyroid issue, so me losing weight is extremely hard. So if it took me 6 months, it might take you 3 months. My doctor has told me it takes me twice as long to lose weight than normal people.
  • thenerdetteceotx
    thenerdetteceotx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well i have nothing to offer just everything to learn. Im trying to find a schedule that works for me. So everything u say i am going to try and adopt.
  • CarolynSyma
    CarolynSyma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds about 2 years ago by being really strict about logging calories for everything I ate (used fitbit), and working out in the gym about 3-5 times a week. It was a lot easier then because everyone in my household was trying to get healthy and lose weight so we all motivated each other. Since moving to Dallas I live alone and I've slowly put back on about 20 pounds and it's just going up and up. For me the hardest part is that I want to be social, make friends, go out to eat and drink without having to worry about everything I consume. I agree about the eating only 80% of what's on the plate, that's something I always have a hard time with. Also, just having gym/activity buddies to exercise with is helpful.