Recent Activities Update!

Options
Sweet13_Princess
Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
At the beginning of April I did a 5K with my husband and daughter in the stroller. We didn't do fantastic and our time was 50:58, but in training I had only walk/jogged on the treadmill for 30 minutes and only got 1.6 miles. Yesterday, I did a fun mud run. The whole course was a 5K, but we had the option of doing just half. It ended up being more of a challenging hiking trail, with getting wet/muddy in the creek bed. It was fun, but I could only make it to the half mark. I was so winded! I just couldn't catch my breath... and that was walking the durn thing! I really need to get back into counting my calories throughout the day, though. This past week I've been going overboard. I'm sure it's partially stress, as I had my official observation at work. I hate those! I think it went well. The principal said one young man tried to take advantage of using the laptop (he said he needed to print his presentation, but he was still writing it), but I said I would talk to the teen and dock off a late point for dishonesty. I hope that reflects well! He was sitting in the back of the classroom and I was viewing presentation in the front. Hopefully I'll hear the results this week... just glad it's over.

Shannon

Replies

• amyb9685
    amyb9685 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would love to do a mud run. My husband, my two girls and I did a bubble run last year and it was so much fun. If there is one near you I highly recommend it with kids!
    I am totally off tracking right now. I do really well with competition or someone challenging me with some accountability. I need to get back on track bc I know I have probably gained back 10 of the 60 I have lost so far. :(
    I hope you get a great eval!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    That's interesting! I just learned about a bubble run for the first time a day or two ago. It looks like fun! I'd like to do a nighttime glow run (glowsticks) and a color run with the powder they throw on you too. I signed up to do a 5K kayaking race at the end of May. We have kayaks, but I really don't know how to train for it. My goal is to just get out there and paddle an hour once a week. I'm hoping that will build up my core and endurance enough for it. No word on the eval yet, but since our district has only 22 days left, you can imagine how antsy the students are and how busy the administrators are! Hopefully he'll get it back to me shortly.

I find that once I get off of tracking, I have a really difficult time getting back on. It's my all or nothing mentality that I'm constantly battling. Maybe give yourself some sort of mini-treat each day you log to inspire you to get back on track?

Shannon