Migraines

Options
pennysteed
pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
What do you take for migraines? I cannot take what I use to and am no longer in the same country as my surgeon to ask him. I have yet to be seen with my new doctor. It took me six weeks to get tomorrow's appointment, and they called today to cancel that and rescheduled for 14 June! Definitely not helping my migraine at the moment.

Replies

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi Penny, I am treated for migraines by a neurologist - so what I take most likely will not help. However, what I can tell you is my surgeon and my neurologist conferred and determined that as long as I wasn't taking an NSAID daily or even a few times a week, we could proceed with my current medications. I am one year post op and have had no problems taking my meds - in fact my headaches are weaning! AMEN! My medications for onset migraines are prescription (cataflam, reglan and benedryl all at once)...if you are experiencing multiple migraines I highly recommend seeing a neurologist, they make a world of difference. I take a preventive everyday too and am now actually being weaned off those too. I used to have daily migraines that were incapacitating, so I know how debilitating they can be :) Good luck and feel better!
  • pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you Joysie. If I can ever get in to see my new PCM, I will definitely address the fact that my migraines are returning.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good luck @pennysteed , I hope they find some relief for you :) In the meantime, I do know oils help some people peppermint oil on the temples is one you could try....I didn't have any luck but others have. Also if you like natural cures and alternatives try butterbur, you can pick it up at the natural foods stores. My neurologist actually encouraged me to try it, there was a study on it and it helped some. I have also had (and so did my BFF) botox injections in our spines, they were extremely helpful for both of us! Just some thoughts to discuss with PCM - feel better <3