Welcome!

Options
If you'd like to introduce yourself, please do! I can start :smile:

My name is Sarah, I'm 24 and I am pregnant for the first time, due July 5th, 2016. I am 5'6" and I started this pregnancy at 130lbs and have so far gained 20lbs at 30 weeks pregnant. Controlling my diet with MFP has made me feel empowered and strong. I am exercising more and eating healthier. I am looking forward to my birthing experience and I'm confident that barring any medical complications out of my control, I will have a fulfilling and empowering birth. I have 2 cats, 2 dogs, and a husband. We are in the process of moving to a bigger home on a farm and I definitely consider myself moderately granola (/r/moderatelygranolamoms is a great sub!!).

Replies

• filthyfloor
    filthyfloor Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wrong account.
  • tealeafmonster
    tealeafmonster Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry about above post, signed in with an old/wrong acount!!

I had my baby June 2015 and gained 53+ pounds in pregnany. I'm ten months post partum and have lost over thirty pounds and am at my pre pregnancy weight! I still have some I want to lose though, I'm 5'7" 162 pounds, 26 years old, and my goal is around 135. I aim to eat around 1600 calories and be active more days than not. Also, still breastfeeding.

I'm moving too! From Houston to a small town in Texas. It's country and I'm a little crunchy too. Have two cats and the ole ball and chain (hehe). We want a second child (lord help me) but won't start trying until at least six more months.
  • SwimmerB212
    SwimmerB212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I used this site to lose 20 pounds a year ago. It's a great way for me to remember that if I had a huge breakfast, maybe I should have a small dinner!

I'm due in August, which means that I got pregnant on or about Thanksgiving. During the holidays, I gained back the 20 pounds I lost in the year before. And then I kept on gaining. I figured that in the balance between "it's fun to let yourself go during pregnancy, everything about this sucks, I might as well eat a donut" and "I really enjoyed being lighter and running that half marathon," it couldn't hurt to keep track again and make sure that any further weight I gain between now and birth isn't totally bonkers out of control.
  • Cevans11
    Cevans11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've used this site sporadically in the past as a means of checking in on my diet, and getting back on track when I'm splurging too much.

I had my son in Oct 2015, and have about 5 lbs left to get to my pre-baby weight. Although my pre-baby weight was about 10 lbs heavier than I like to be, so ultimately, I have another 15 lbs I'd like to lose.

Pre-kid I did triathlons, and stayed pretty fit. Now I'm doing what nap schedules allow, and have my first post kid tri in a month, which I just hope to finish upright.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a former MFP junkie who works out a lot. I say former because I haven't been tracking regularly since getting pregnant (baby #1 is due at the end of October 2016) but I fully intend to get back on the tracking wagon once baby gets here. I still check in here once in a while to see how my diet is doing and I'll absolutely cheer for you guys, but don't expect to see me regularly for a few more months =)
  • finnvalley
    finnvalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there everybody. My name is Lil, I'm 35, Irish, and a FTM.

I used to use MFP a few years ago and managed to lose over 30lb by eating lower carb and using Just Dance on the wii. I looked and felt the best I'd ever felt in my life but unfortunately, I got lazy and eventually gained it all back. I'd just started to get back on track when I found out I was pregnant, and ever since, I've been using it as an excuse to eat anything and everything. These past few days though, I've been thinking that if I continue on in this direction, I'll be too overweight to truly enjoy being a mum.

What else about me? I'm 5'0", currently weigh about 150lb, have hypothyroidism and about 15 cats...I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady
  • Cali212
    Cali212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been using MFP for YEARS and YEARS! It was mostly as maintenance, and to lose a couple pounds here and there when I went overboard.

I had my daughter in early March, and gained somewhere around 40-45 pounds, despite exercising religiously. It's been 8 weeks since my girl made her debut, and I'm at 153. I'd like to get down to 140 while breastfeeding, and then down to 130-135 after breastfeeding. I'm losing around a pound a week, and am hoping to be in a bikini again by the end of summer - or at least to be in all my regular jeans!

For reference, I'm 5'6" and LOVE to work out. I use ClassPass (anyone in a major city should check it out!) and my favorites are circuit training, TRX, and spin class. I used to do a lot of yoga but haven't been in awhile - hopefully I'll get back into it soon. I try to get in three workouts a week and am really looking forward to when my kid likes the stroller so we can take long walks.

I can't wait to reach my goal weight so I can post on /r/postpartumprogress! Those posts are always so inspiring.
  • runningyogagirl
    runningyogagirl Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello! I'm a FTM due in early July. I'm 31 weeks pregnant and have gained about 28 lbs. my midwives are fine with the weight gain and I mostly am too but if I can slow it down by eating less chocolate (oops) then I'm happy to do that as I know it will be healthier for me. I live in NY and have an adorable puppy!
  • Faroese88
    Faroese88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a FTM due July 15, '16. I've used MFP on and off for a few years, whenever I've felt like I've lost track of my eating and weight. I started this pregnancy at 133lb and at my 28 week appointment had gained 25lb so I'm back to try and make sure my weight gain is mostly due to baby growing and not me binging on chocolate (that only happens occasionally but I do love sweets). I definitely think I'll be more active postpartum as I try to get back to my ideal BMI.

I'm jealous of all of your pets!
  • BlueArbitraryCat
    BlueArbitraryCat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My precious bundle is 2 weeks old and I am 100 grams away from my weight before pregnancy. I lost a bit of weight at the start of pregnancy so I have 5.6 kg to get back to my adjusted not-pregnant weight and have 10-12 kg to lose to get to my goal weight.

I have used MFP on and off for years. I find just the process of recording what I eat powerful. I choose not to snack or make bad choices as I do not want to record them. I had success using 5:2 for weight loss and 6:1 for maintenance a couple of years ago. I have even written a Google doc user guide for MFP to help family and friends.

A bug challenge for me if finding food that is not bread or sugar based but is quick and easy.
  • SarahDemers1
    SarahDemers1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hii! I'm a FTM due May 2nd (eek only 4 days!). I've never used this site, but I had started training and losing weight before getting pregnant. I've taken on almost 50 pounds, which is horrifying for me, as I've always played sports and stayed generally active. Nausea has been my enemy on staying active...

I'm aiming on going back to my 155 pounds frame (I'm only 5ft4 but I have huge leg muscles, so going under that weight will be pretty hard...).

I live in Quebec and we have a cat :)