Introduce yourself and your goals

Options
12346»

Replies

• AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy and I am hoping to lose the 20 pounds so I feel better! I'm going to check out a gym next week, my daughter just had her tonsils out-that's why next week.
  • annleegolf
    annleegolf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Becky. In training for a 50k endurance run. Ribbing 4 miles 3 x a week and 10-12 miles on my long days 1 or 2 a week. Carbohydrates are my killer have top eliminate all unhealthy ones stat!

• FergyGirl2016
    FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The calendar days are ticking past so fast! Soon it will be June, the deadline! The scales were very unfriendly last week :# So this week I'm shifting into high gear. I've decided to try "The Extreme Fat Smash Diet" for a few days. Is anybody else doing this diet? I would appreciate any advice!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jacqui. 56, 5 ft 6. I'm 40 lbs and 3 yrs into a 100 lb in 5yr weight loss journey. I'm doing the 5:2 diet. Okay I am behind schedule! Heres hoping this will help me to catch back up! I'm looking for new like minded journey buddies so please add me!
  • kilara21
    kilara21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My name is Karla. I see I joined a couple weeks late, but I'm excited to be here. My last weigh-in put me at 235 lbs, so my challenge goal weight would be 215. My ultimate goal weight is 175, once there I'll re-evaluate my goals. Wishing you all a successful 2.5 months!
  • tspaz2525
    tspaz2525 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tammy! Was on a role with workouts and training, then hit plateau. Stopped working out and gained weight. Looking for motivation to get back on track. Signed up for 5K on April 24.
    CW: 211
    GW: 140
  • xjewelsies
    xjewelsies Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jewel. I'm a few weeks late, but ready to get started. My starting weight was 190.4lbs. I've been stuck at a plateau since November 2015. With work and now going to school at night I have been slacking on getting my work outs in, and picking up unhealthy food/snacks. I hope to get back into the swing of things and start to see weight loss again.
  • torrmist
    torrmist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am Misty. I hope it is not too late to join. Almost a year ago I lost my baby two weeks from her scheduled induction due umbilical prolapse. In January I found out I was pregnant again. Sadly, that ended in Feb due to a possible partial molar like pregnancy. Now I have to be monitored via blood work for 3 months, as molar qualities can cause a rare form of cancer. I decided to focus on losing 20 lbs in that time. I have two older children as well, I want to set a better example.

I am fairly new to mfp.

Sw:274
    Cw: 268.5
    Gw: 254 (for this challenge), ultimate goal: 170ish
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hi
    SW/HW:139
    Gw Jan: 136 MET
    GW Feb: 134 MET
    GW March: 132 NOT MET (6 mo)
    GW April: 129
    GW May: 127 (1yr)
    GW June: 124 (2yr)
    UGW: 114 (3yr)

• lobelia1
    lobelia1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi I'm Carol and I want to lose 10-15 pounds by June and KEEP it off. My 50th high school reunion is in August - so you can do the math. I'm no spring chicken. My starting weight is 138 and my goal is 125 or a little less. I just got a Garmin Vivosmart and am targeting 10,000 steps a day. I also golf with a cart about 2x a week and walk 9holes once a week. Help me stay motivated so I can look and feel better
  • dublin448
    dublin448 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Erin. My weight has been creeping upwards for years and it's time for a change. I'm hoping to drop 20lbs before mid June. I'm going on vacation and would like to be able to hike through the Smoky Mtns with ease.
    SW: 245
    CW: 238.6
    June GW: 225
  • jsalva17
    jsalva17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Julia. I'm trying to lose a total of 65 lbs. But my goal for the June is 20lbs. Trying to lose weight from my previous pregnancy before we try for our next baby :)
    SW: 216
    CW:212
    June GW: 192
  • nichole_finley
    nichole_finley Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello, I'm Nichole. Trying to get fit for my health and my family. Ultimate goal is to get between 130 and 135 then depending on how I look and feel decided if I should or want to go lower. At only 5'3 I could theoretically handle being smaller, but I don't know if I want that yet. My original starting weight was 218 back in 2013. I lost 15 lbs but after some comments from a family member to the effect of I was copying her coupled with not physically seeing a change I gave up. aug of 2015 I was at 212 and started again, more committed than ever (I even started going to classes at the local gym), but I had to stop in oct. because of my asthma. After a doc visit for a preventive for asthma and the holidays over with went back to the gym on jan 25 of this year with a weight of 206.6... So much stop and go for me it's ridiculous and I even had another one in the last two weeks.

I hit a milestone...a small one but still and it kind of freaked me out how well I was doing after so many failed attempts. I wasn't just under 200 for the first time in almost 6 years I was almost 10 lbs under. I stopped going every weekday to the gym and then I got sick...then both my kids got sick and everything ground to a halt. Today is my recommit day and I am happy to say that even though the last two weeks I've only managed to make it to the gym 3 times I have maintained my weight at 192.

I'm on to my second goal and my first reward (a spa day and new underclothes). 180 is so far, but so much damn closer than it was when I first started. 12 lbs to go. Hoping to hit it by June 20, just 8 weeks aways. So I'll need to lose 1 1/2 lbs every week from now till then. Wish me luck.
  • idontknow08
    idontknow08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Zak. My goal is to weigh 190 lbs by June 7th for my family vacation to Hawaii. I work out 3-5 times a week for 30-50 minutes. I am pretty good about keeping up with my food diary. I sometimes have a little trouble tallying everything up on the weekend.

SW:208
    CW:201
    GW:190 (Ultimate Goal Weight is 180).