Week 8 newsletter

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
The race is in its last week but we still have two weighins left of the challenge. There will be a new group to start Monday May 13- July 11. It's 8 weeks only . The next amazing race we will be doing something a little different . Hawkins410 thought of the ideal and the race will be a separate group. It will start June 20 the first day of summer and end around Labor Day. It will cover over 300,000 miles. More will come in the next month so stay tuned for our new group.
Don't worry lots of fun to be had. We will do a race of sorts before then with the next group . It will start day 1 and end on June 19 but it will be singles. So you are competing against everyone else. More details to come next week.
Don't forget to weigh in. We have lost 731 lbs so far. There are some serious pounds being shredded . Proud of all of you.

Replies

• shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to hear the race will continue! I was panicking when I read that the race wouldn't start until June. I didn't know what I'd do until then. Thank you for your many hours of work. You are making the world a healthier place!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A big thank you to @Melodieccurn for allowing me to borrow her race idea. This one has been so motivating and fun that I wanted to keep it going!

"Amazing Race - Summer Heat" will be very similar to the current race, with just a few minor changes. It will be a team challenge, starting June 20th, and lasting exactly 10 weeks. It's a big commitment! We will be racing hard and fast around the world (plus some). For those teams that are speedy enough, we will reach Rio de Janeiro just in time for the closing ceremonies of the Summer Olympics! :)

In order to moderate, tabulate, and make sure we play by the rules, @MissionEnforcer has volunteered to monitor and take over the Mission Controls. B)

Sign-ups will begin June 5, and the ability to access spreadsheets will be necessary. Although we will need a Team Liaison from each team, establishing a buddy system will be encouraged for help, support, and logging purposes.
    For those who wish, group sign-ups will be allowed, and "The Enforcer" will try to accommodate all requests, as much as possible, depending on numbers.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful time in Melodieccurn's new challenge! I will be watching that one from the sidelines and cheering you all on. Just watch for the sign-in sheet on June 5th. I hope to see many of you in the "Amazing Race -Summer Heat". The more, the merrier!! :)B):)B):)B):)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I just love all of these ideas, and Melodie your challenges have always helped me! So much better than the challenges that you just stop in and weigh in once a week, with no other involvement!
    I'm always down to be team leader, fyi @hawkins410 ! :D
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I volunteer as tribute, I mean captain! Lo

Both challenges sound like a lot of fun! Can't wait!!!!!

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 & @mswanger09, I love your enthusiasm and interest!! Sounds like the Amazing Race - Summer Heat already has two Team Captains! Awesome!! Thank you! :)
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Accountability and dedication with the support of wonderful friends here on mfp.
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a team liaison! Hope to have many of my same team members from team 1 in the spring challenge if possible! Gotta love those ladies!!! Hope we can reunite for this new challenge!