New: In Search of Friends & Advice

Options
Hey Everyone!

I just starting using MFP again after several years. I've gained some weight and am trying to lose it while increasing my cardio stamina!

Gay man, mid-20s, Boston, restaurant professional, Sommelier, Fitbit user, YMCA. If we have any of this (or none of this) in common add me (or ask me to add you). Having a community of people backing me up is a huge part of what motivates me. I'd love for some support and would love to return the favor!

Cheers,
William

Replies

• special_k_lpool
    special_k_lpool Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Will,
    Welcome back to the club!
    I found that as well as increasing cardio, by cycling to and from work, which I know everyone can't do, eating smaller meals more often really helped. My P.T. suggested this and it does really stop me from picking on crap all day. I'll have some chicken breast and a high protein meal during the day and it does seem to work. I'm not saying that the weight is going to fall off, but slow and steady wins the race.
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey! Sent you a request. I'm a gay man, definitely not mid-20s, love good wine, Garmin user, used to visit Boston a lot with work and I've found having the support of other people here has helped me a lot. It's useful having somewhere to scream that isn't your "real world" friends, sometimes. I've gone from almost sedentary to pretty fit in about 10 months, lost 44kg of fat so far, and surprised myself.
  • edreggi
    edreggi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    vollans wrote: »
    Hey! Sent you a request. I'm a gay man, definitely not mid-20s, love good wine, Garmin user, used to visit Boston a lot with work and I've found having the support of other people here has helped me a lot. It's useful having somewhere to scream that isn't your "real world" friends, sometimes. I've gone from almost sedentary to pretty fit in about 10 months, lost 44kg of fat so far, and surprised myself.

Bravo!

I am a 45-year-old gay man who has been overweight my entire life. I was born 2-week late and weighed nearly 12 pounds. It was all downhill from there. I finally got motivated, hired a personal trainer in January and lost 25 pounds so far. I cut out sugar and now enjoy working out. Circuit training is kicking my rear but it's been incredible process to feel stronger and stronger without using complicated machines.

Bravo gentlemen - keep it up!
  • anthophora
    anthophora Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    42 year-old gay guy here. Love lifting, running and keeping in shape. Would like to lose 15 lbs. Using low carb and IF to reach some of these goals.
  • Willpmoriarty
    Willpmoriarty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's an epic beard edreggi!
  • DietingMommy2008
    DietingMommy2008 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • LaurensE1
    LaurensE1 Posts: 196 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Heya, feel free to add me. Have a good time.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me