Welcome to MFP Apprentice May Edition--Please introduce yourselves.

Options
Please tell us a bit about yourselves and welcome!!!!

Replies

• theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa, married to that great guy above me for 29 amazing years. We have four awesome children, three boys and a girl. Our daughter Pattycakes joined us in this challenge and we are hoping our son Patrick will join as well. My sister (Patriciahorsch) and niece (Jessicahorsch) have also joined the challenge and I couldn't be happier to have my family involved. Sean, Patrick, Tricia and Jessica are all training for tough mudder this summer and we feel the group is a great tool to assist in getting conditioned to avoid injury. I am part of this challenge for motivation to get into shape while I am waiting to have double hip replacement in the fall. I am very limited as to what I can do as I'm not very mobile at this point. I substitute most of the challenges with crunches which I am benefiting greatly from. I am looking forward to Apprentice May and wish you all well!!:)
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Terri. I'm a 42 year old mom of a very precocious 8-year old girl. My husband Kevin and I have been married for 17 1/2 years, and have encountered many challenges. A good chunk of my weight gain happened after I encountered many gynecological health issues, culminating in a hysterectomy 14 years ago. (Yes, our daughter is adopted. :smile: ) Due to the health issues, my diet went from mediocre to terrible; I was very sedentary; and became depressed, especially when 2 of my best friends and both my sisters-in-law became pregnant within a year of my surgery. After that I had used MFP and successfully lost about 30 pounds. I then became laden with gastrointestinal and neurological issues, so more weight was added due to inactivity and bad diet (especially over the past 1.5 years, partly due to not being able to anything on my own.) My husband has certainly been a great source of support! I now have 100+ pounds to lose. I have two 5K run/walks scheduled in the next few months, and have a personal goal to fit into the seat on my favorite roller coaster by my birthday in August. And as an added incentive, if I meet my personal goal and my husband meets his by the end of the year, we will be experiencing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity next year.
  • theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sean. I live in the Buffalo NY area. I have an awesome family with my wife Lisa (theparnellslisa), and 4 wonderful kids including Trish (pattycakes333333). I need to start doing a better job with my diet to drop the pounds. I just made the decision to run my 2nd tough mudder with Trish and my son Patrick (who may join MFP soon). It has been my pleasure and honor to run this group for all of us!
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hello, I participated in April's challenge on a whim and did better than I thought. I am 51 and can't seem to lose any weight at all. I am going to try jump starting my metabolism with a prescription (just 14 days) and will use this challenge to really improve my activity level.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Hello! People call me Casty. I'm a mom of 3 boys, and a den leader of 30 webelos (4th and 5th grade boys getting ready to transition into Boy Scouts). They keep me busy, with meeting during the week and camping and other activities on the weekend. I'm an accountant in a tax office by trade, though... so still sit at a desk a good 8-10 hours per day. I also love to eat. Probably not the best combination since not even my activity with the scouts can keep me from putting on weight. :lol: I really enjoy the daily challenges, especially the ones I can do throughout the day at work, since it gives me a reason to get up and moving! I look forward to joining again next month and continuing to get know every one.
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm phylsyl. I'm back for the third month of Apprentice challenge. Retired last July and decided to change my very sedentary lifestyle. Joined the Silver Sneakers program at the gym and the Senior fitness program at the local park. Apprentice has encouraged me to do strength exercises, which I had been avoiding because they weren't buying me extra calories! Glad to be here!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen, I have 2 children a daughter who is 15 and drives me crazy and a son 13 who is starting to do the same. I have struggled my whole life. I have a home daycare and the kids get cheated because I don't have the energy to run around with them all day. My own kids are cheated because at the end of the day I am ready for bed. I keep saying this month will be better and I really hope it is. My husband and kids have no weight problem so that is another excuse I have, they eat chips then so can I. I am 50 yrs olds and need to get this thinking out of my head once and for all, so I can be here for my family
  • pattycakes33333
    pattycakes33333 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Trish, I am the daughter of Sean and Lisa. I have now been overweight for 7 years. I have lost 17 lbs so far and have another 15-20 to lose. I am a kitchen designer so unfortunately I spend most of my work days sitting in front of a computer. I love this challenge group because it makes me do at the very least one exercise a day. I ran track for 5 years between middle school and high school and did martial arts for several years... I can honestly say that although I was skinnier and fit then, I have never been in better shape or more healthy than I am now. I have more muscle and my nutrition is so much better than it was! As my parents stated we are running our second Tough Mudder this year (my boyfriend Rick is also running it with us). There were a lot of obstacles last year that I was not able to accomplish due to my lack of upper body strength. I am hoping to focus on training for those specific tasks along with running more often. I am really excited about the next month of Apprentice!
  • ChristineBetlewicz911
    Options
    My name is Christine. I just turned 40 and have two amazing children...a 14 year old daughter and a two year old son.(I know... What was I thinking?!?) I'm on my second marriage, and this year has been a tough one for my little family. After having no issue with weight gain as a child, I found myself on a roller coaster with my weight since my mid twenties. I finally feel like I'm getting back on track, and can't wait for the May edition!!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    My name is Marie and next summer I will be forty so would like to be in great shape by then. I have two amazing children who are both very active and would like to keep up with them. This summer I am doing a 5k with my kidskin hoping this group will help me get more focused on my fitness food wise I am pretty good.
  • sammie7474
    sammie7474 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sharon and I have 4 fur kids. I was doing great with my weight loss journey then two years ago I lost my sister 8 days before my 40th birthday ( she was only 42 ) and everything went down hill. A few months ago I decided to get back at it because my Sis would want me to. I need to lose the 30 lbs I put back on and then some. My biggest obstacle will be cutting out sweet tea. This is my second challenge and love it!
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Laurie. Glad to be part of Apprentice - May edition; this is my second month with Apprentice. I am 45 and live in Minnesota with my husband of 22 years and my twin 17 yr old daughters. I also have 2 grandkids from my 27 year old step son and his wife.

My weight has been up and down since 2001 and I really need to learn to be on maintenance without gaining back everything I've lost. Currently I have 6 pounds to lose to get to goal weight. Would love to achieve that by end of May!

Love that this challenge has helped me to do more strength training! And that it pushes me to do "just a little more" each day.

Thanks Sean and Lisa!

Go team Trace!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am Julie, 52 years old and back for another month because it's fun and motivating! I am mom to 4, youngest is 12 & grandma to two. By morning, I teach ECSE so lots of movement then I transition to working with special needs children in the afternoon. We have a small hobby farm- goats, mini pigs, rabbits, chickens, ducks, turkeys, dogs and a guinea pig. We run the kid twice a week to archery and horseback riding and twice a week we watch our 2 year old grandson. That wasn't enough to do so yesterday I joined a gym. Loved their classes- worked out to 3 hours of them! May is going to rock!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jules. I'm 50 yo and have just been diagnosed with COPD as a result of contracting pneumonia. I am determined to enjoy my good days and make the most of them!! Good luck everyone :)
  • annanoell
    annanoell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Anna, I am 35 yes old & I am a mother of two! I have about 50 lbs to lose... this is going to be a challenging month for me, I have a broken big toe without a toenail, as a horse stepped on my foot last month. But I signed up for two 5ks in June! I'm unable to run but I think I'll be able to walk them. Talk about a frustrating set back though.
    I'm also trying to work on my eating habits, I'm very much a stress eater so I need to work on that.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rus, just turned 49 at the end of April and this is my 2nd month doing the Apprentice challenge. I'm married (just celebrated 29 years yesterday) and we have 2 kids that are in college... well, my son just graduated from college this past weekend, so technically just 1 in college. I had so much fun doing this challenge last month that I convinced my daughter to join for May. My son is getting married next month, so we are both trying to shed a few for those wedding pics. :smiley: