A Morning at the Races...

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
Decided to have a roll down to one of the local villages, to see a bike race that was passing through...

Looks like it was reasonably well promoted...

jo0zqvmxegze.jpg

and they've got the security working overtime to make sure its safe...

9s91emzsq81n.jpg

gqiqg4xmmfxi.jpg

Seems I wasn't the only person who decided to go and watch...

3d0utxwrafkd.jpg

the locals were getting into the spirit of things as well...

xwk8xu1ufvih.jpg

Even the Press were out to record the event...

zm6qmx0g5i5o.jpg

Knowing the state of the roads around here, they even arranged some form of neutral service...

1pokorqyqew4.jpg

but eventually, the time came when the race approached...

vkx1lxtalga1.jpg

the peloton got closer - and then I realised what all the fuss was about...

683s0yc38261.jpg

upvf9tj0ouxy.jpg

Lizzie had decided to join in... that's her on the right with that funny rainbow banded jersey on... Wonder what that means ;)

Now... shall I go back down there this afternoon, apparently theres a race with a few blokes happening as welll

(all pictures copyright © - Mark A. Burrows 2016, All rights Reserved, please do not share without obtaining permission/licence)

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. And yeah, Lizzie is pretty damn awesome. Being from Yorkshire I know this ride is special to her. I watched stage 1 TdY last night and enjoyed getting to see where you some of you guys are riding. Beautiful country with a lot of steeep hills! Looking forward to some photos of the blokes if you lug the gear again!
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nice little story, would have been nice to watch the race on TV, especially with our little star Lizzie taking part. Technical difficulties, what a shame.
  • TheBigYin
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Managed to get back for the Mens Race... this time I took the proper camera though (as I reckoned that I needed something that was waterproof... got to love the Canon 7D and some good quality L class glass on the front for that kind of thing! It may not be new and state of the art anymore, but it's as tough as a Wetherspoons Steak!)

So, here goes then. Mens Race...

Where were we again...

30vi15sht5pi.jpg

Yet another Outrider shot... (the clever ones amongst you will realise that I shoot these to get my "eye in" ready for the race itself coming through...)

xxkjiodztdbg.jpg

Here come the leaders...

5q9arovdbwn3.jpg

4jufcsf7zqjr.jpg

then, just before the chasing peloton arrived, word came through that there was a puncture in the leading group... fortunately these lads were on the case...

a0uyqpnqvocs.jpg

Okay, here they come...

774d6roevxgz.jpg

uzgi1rjdjop1.jpg

wxwe1c1iywpf.jpg

aeyysf0c8way.jpg

but sadly, that was pretty much the end of the fun for today, as the next vehicle along was this one...

nfm3658sl24x.jpg

(once again, all pictures copyright © - Mark A. Burrows 2016, All rights Reserved, please do not share without obtaining permission/licence)

• narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mark. I enjoyed looking at the photos and the live commentary :D
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Brill pics those Mark :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Thank you Mark. I enjoyed looking at the photos and the live commentary :D
    Frannybobs wrote: »
    Brill pics those Mark :smile:

glad you both enjoyed them :)

• wesleepuntilthesungoesdown
    Options
    great pics, and thanks for the suggestion of Connisbrough Castle - spent the whoe day there watching the ladies then the men

here's a couple of pics

ifiaujx6dgn3.jpg
    lh4uwirg9cn6.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    yeah, i'd originally intended going there, but - i'll be honest, I got up too late to get there on the bike for the womens race... and I didn't fancy driving there - I'd already missed far too much saddle time last week, and I'm in for a bollocking over it from the trainer as it is... same reason I rode on sunday, instead of getting in the car and watching the race in scarborough...