What are you eating today - UK Version

Options
Shall we have a UK version of the "What are you eating today" thread on the recipes board? As I find there are a lot of people from the US on there. What do you all think? :)

Replies

• TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Good idea, or just post it in here. Today I ate porridge for breakfast, lunch was a slice of wholemeal bread with some Vitalite and yeast extract, some fresh apple, celery and red pepper, a couple of dried apricots, two walnut halves and six almonds, a digestive biscuit and a bourbon biscuit. Leaves only about 550 cals for main meal and anything else later so will probably go over as haven't exercised today. :frowning:
  • TrickyDisco
    Options
    Last night was veggie sausage, smoked soya cheese, spicy potato wedges, broccoli, carrots and tinned chopped tomatoes and some fruity brown sauce, followed by some Green & Blacks dark ginger chocolate.
    Today breakfast was porridge, lunch was baked beans on wholemeal toast and a couple of biscuits, dinner a spicy bean burger with new potatoes, carrots, peas and sweetcorn and some mango chutney. Then a mug of coffee with a few squares of dark chocolate.
    Pattern emerging here - I eat too much chocolate! :smile:
  • TrickyDisco
    Options
    Last night had sweet-and-sour stir fry with Napolina chick peas and brown basmati rice, tonight was a baked potato with loads of black pepper and some Vitalite spread, veggie sausage, broccoli, carrots, boiled red onion and tomato ketchup, then a couple of home-made cranberry scones.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My breakfast: half a peshwari naan (leftover intentionally from the night before), stuffed with 20g chocolate chips, toasted in the toaster using a toaster pocket, served with 175g of fat-free Skyr yoghurt. Mmm...
  • TrickyDisco
    Options
    That sounds yum! Last night's dinner was a hearty veg and pulse 'casserole' thing (bunged it all in a large saucepan with some boiling water and simmered it about 40 mins). Chopped tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, kidney beans, red lentils, parsnip, celery, carrot, red pepper, sweet potato, fennel and caraway seeds, dried mixed herbs and smoked paprika, black pepper and a sliced veggie sausage. Lovely filling meal with a slice of multi-seed bread and Vitalite; all about 450 calories.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Today for me is:

Breakfast: fruit and nut muesli with a low fat peach yogurt.

Lunch: chicken tikka slices with crispbreads & cup a soup.

Dinner: Breaded chicken breast & beans.

After dinner treat: Nature Valley Protein Bar.

Snacks: 100g grapes, Granny Smith Apple, Babybel Light.

• theportkey
    theportkey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oooh...
    Breakfast: porridge with water as the milk makes it too rich.

Lunch: I'm loving heinz cuppa soup that's Thai chicken. Quite spicy and a lovely flavour accompanied by 3 sesame ryvita.

Dinner: hubby made us cajun chicken with a mega mixed salad. Radish, celery, tomato, cucumber, mixed leaf salad, red and orange peppers.... and shared a large jacket potato.
    Tesco own garlic and herb salad dressing drizzled.

Snacks through the day.... Apple. .. banana and the melon has just come out for evening snack.
    I never pick after 8pm now.
  • susannah521
    susannah521 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • amethyst_1504
    amethyst_1504 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm currently loving Birds Eye Waffles for breakfast with a little Maple syrup and fresh fruit (usually strawberries and raspberries).
  • amethyst_1504
    amethyst_1504 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

That looks soooooo good.

Could you substitute something else for the cottage cheese, I really can't eat it, it makes me feel physically sick?! :(
  • Carbybarbie
    Carbybarbie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was two weetabix with skimmed milk.lunch was roast beef salad with hardboiled Egg and a thin bagel. Dinner was Chinese stir fry veg with noodles and Chinese marinated chicken . snacks was a banana and a peach
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: cornflakes, mini weetabix topped with vanilla yoghurt.
    Lunch: 4 ryvita topped with cream cheese and sliced chicken.
    Dinner: soup & ryvita.

Snacks: ice cream, meringue & strawberry sauce (a one off!). Apple. Raw carrots. Grapes.
  • BJG7_UK
    BJG7_UK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    2 Turkey burgers in baps with onions and ketchup..

Followed by Ice Cream!! :-)