05/03 Tuesday Day 3 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
r25zdvd0i5hk.jpg

Make Your Sit Less Plan

Today's challenge is to make your plan to sit less and move more. Using the input form on this page: http://www.quittingthesitting.org/act-now.html specify your top priority for sitting less (your “One Thing”) and your activity goal. Will you be going for the bronze, silver, or gold level of activity? Or maybe the platinum? Fill out and submit the form.

Please Note: By selecting “MFP Sit Less Boot Camp Challenge” from the pull-down list of Organizational challenges on the Act Now page, your pledged reduction to sit less will be added to our group's total, and this count will be shared with Auna so that she can let everyone in the group know the total number of sitting hours eliminated by Sit Less Boot Camp challenge takers! No individual or identifying information will be shared, just the group's total reduction in sitting hours. And your email address (should you choose to provide it) will never be shared or provided to anyone else.

Replies

• themedalist
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Quite a few of you jumped ahead and submitted your Sit Less plans through the Act Now form already. Love the enthusiasm...I've got your submissions. And thanks!

Days 1-3 of Sit Less Boot Camp is the "ramp-up" period. Background information, ideas, and creating your Sit Less Plan, all designed to give you a richer experience than just a sequence of daily challenges. Starting tomorrow, we will have two daily challenges for you to consider: a main challenge and an alternative challenge. And if neither is a great fit for you, you've always got your "One Thing" to work on!
  • themedalist
    Options
    One of the goals of Sit Less Boot Camp is to show the collective impact of a group when they all act together. Just as it's easier to lose weight when you are part of a community such as MFP, we think it's easier to develop new sit less and move more habits when you are also part of a group. By submitting the Act Now form and letting us know what activity level you are striving for, we can include your goal in the group's total. And we'll be able to create a summary image like this one from October's Boot Camp:

rth11wr6bmlj.jpeg

Also, social science research suggests that when people make a voluntary pledge to do something, they are more likely to follow through and do it than if they don't make a voluntary pledge. So, if you send us your plan, your "I'm going to do this" gets a little closer to becoming a reality.

We hope you'll join us and be part of our group effort to show our collective impact. If you have participated in a previous Boot Camp or have already submitted the form, no need to resubmit. I'll add you to the group's tally.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,845 Member
    Options
    Oops, I submitted even though I've been in Boot Camp before. Sorry if that messes up your numbers. But, my goals have changed, and I've hardly arrived at perfection. Before the last boot camp I used to teach sitting down, now I never sit in my classroom.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I reread your ideas and have already incorporated most of them in my life. I watch very little TV but when I do, it is while stepping on my mini trampoline. I do my social media with the iPad on the end of the bar as I prance in place. All of your ideas are great and so easily done. BTW....according to my Fitbit, I got at least 250 steps 14 out of 14 hours!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Submitted my form and am looking forward to this boot camp. Already my steps on my Fitbit the last two days have been higher than the previous average.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    submitted my form and ready to go! :)
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm in, going for Platinum - why not?
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    All in! Platinum all the way. Aiming for 15,000 steps a day
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Platinum all the way!!! Submitted the form.
  • karbruce
    karbruce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wowsa! I have submitted but only for Bronze. Aim low and surpass is my motto!!
  • Kimmertmsn
    Kimmertmsn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I submitted my form! Going for Silver B)
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've resubmitted and committed myself. Feel a bit 'born again'!
  • curleytop60
    curleytop60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    r25zdvd0i5hk.jpg

Make Your Sit Less Plan

Today's challenge is to make your plan to sit less and move more. Using the input form on this page: http://www.quittingthesitting.org/act-now.html specify your top priority for sitting less (your “One Thing”) and your activity goal. Will you be going for the bronze, silver, or gold level of activity? Or maybe the platinum? Fill out and submit the form.

Please Note: By selecting “MFP Sit Less Boot Camp Challenge” from the pull-down list of Organizational challenges on the Act Now page, your pledged reduction to sit less will be added to our group's total, and this count will be shared with Auna so that she can let everyone in the group know the total number of sitting hours eliminated by Sit Less Boot Camp challenge takers! No individual or identifying information will be shared, just the group's total reduction in sitting hours. And your email address (should you choose to provide it) will never be shared or provided to anyone else.
    Quite a few of you jumped ahead and submitted your Sit Less plans through the Act Now form already. Love the enthusiasm...I've got your submissions. And thanks!

Days 1-3 of Sit Less Boot Camp is the "ramp-up" period. Background information, ideas, and creating your Sit Less Plan, all designed to give you a richer experience than just a sequence of daily challenges. Starting tomorrow, we will have two daily challenges for you to consider: a main challenge and an alternative challenge. And if neither is a great fit for you, you've always got your "One Thing" to work on!

• curleytop60
    curleytop60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Submitted .going for silver to start.
  • simplyme247
    simplyme247 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I submitted my form! Going for Silver :)
  • themedalist
    Options
    Wow! My phone has been buzzing all day with notifications, one after another, of your submitted forms. Going for Platinum! Going for Silver! Going for Bronze! For Gold! Whatever activity level you chose because it's the right fit for you, thanks for making a pledge and submitting your sit less plan. The summary image that I'll create later in the month will reside on Quitting the Sitting and a lot of folks will see it. They won't know your names or anything about you, but they'll know that you dug down deep to create a better life for yourself.

WELL DONE, YOU!!!

And if you haven't submitted your plan yet, there's still time!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Platinum here.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Done like dinner, as a colleague used to say! Going to aim for Silver. :)
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I signed up this morning and decided to go for platinum! After sitting through a two hour meeting this afternoon, I moved my computer up and stood for the last two hours of my workday. Looking forward to tomorrow. :)
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I submitted my form. Going for Silver! :)