Anyone with Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome?

Options
I have just been diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome and waiting on the final dx of Lupus...

Still learning...feeling a bit lost!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I will follow as my wife was told she had Lupus 30 years ago. With us both having autoimmune conditions I am always in search for info as how to eat in a way to improve our health. All meds offered has had more side effects than benefits in our cases.
  • julbo
    julbo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right here ! How are you handling your symptoms at this point in time? I used to be fit and then I got sick and put on so much different medicine that it feels like trying to climb a brick wall to do anything about it. I also have POTS.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I was diagnosed with SLE type of lupus in 2010 (24 years old) after 2-3 years of not knowing what a horrible evil rash was from. Now I take Plaquenil. The rheumatologist said I was early stages of lupus since I didn't notice a lot of symptoms besides the rash. I guess all the lab testing they did convinced him (and later all my other rhuematologists) that my blood work shows lots of evidence of my lupus. I am now 29 and don't see much (if any) symptoms at all but I am really lazy/tired a lot- not sure if that is related!
  • prodigywithapen
    prodigywithapen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sjogren's Syndrome....we don't know about the lupus yet, but I'm waiting for health insurance
  • yeyates
    yeyates Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone read Dr Susan Blum's book The Immune System Recovery plan? It has really helped me to get some normalcy but I've got lots to improve. I've started to walk 30 minutes at least 5x weekly. Going really slow but just want to get healthy
  • Akgramma
    Akgramma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @yeyates - I'm going to look for that book. Thank you!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    yeyates wrote: »
    Has anyone read Dr Susan Blum's book The Immune System Recovery plan? It has really helped me to get some normalcy but I've got lots to improve. I've started to walk 30 minutes at least 5x weekly. Going really slow but just want to get healthy

I just read a ton of Amazon reviews and it sounds like a book with meat for those of us with autoimmune diseases. I needed help getting out of cars and walking was a struggle due to pain associated with Ankylosing Spondylitis. Oct 2014 I cut out all sugar and all forms of all grains cold turkey. 30 days later my pain was well managed in a relative sense. 180 days later my 40 years of IBS symptoms were fully resolved and still are today plus many other health issues resolved and have not return. I am still off of sugar and grains plus I am down about another 40 pounds of weight eating LCHF.

I went ahead and order Dr. Blum's book.