Hello, Introduce Yourselves

Options
rachaelruth3
rachaelruth3 Posts: 27 Member
Hello, my name is Rachael I am 245 pounds and working towards getting down to 125 pounds. My highest weight was around 300 pounds. I have an amazing fiance Nick and we have an adorable six month old baby named Luke. Welcome to the group!

Replies

• ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just call me Kay,My highest weight was 308Lbs i did lose weight and fell off the wagon and began again at a starting weight of 288lbs. I have lost lbs since I began again. I am doing it differently this time. No restrictions but substituting and learning new food recipes. I have three kids and married, sometimes,lol.
  • GGRIBBS
    GGRIBBS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is GG and I am 160 lbs, working to get down to 130lbs. I am a 45 year old working empty nester. (well my amazing daughter is in university but pretty much an empty nest). I am a fitness instructor and a soccer referee part time but had some personal issue over the past year and food became my comfort. I look forward to us all working towards our goal together. GG
  • HazelMonkey
    HazelMonkey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI there, My name is Alisa. Today is my day one of my journey in losing weight and feeling great. I am 184lbs today and have a goal to reach 150. I am 45 years old today and am excited about the changes in my live. I look forward to cheer you all on and collaborate on different ideas on food menus or workouts.
  • rachaelruth3
    rachaelruth3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, guys! I know how hard it is to stick to 1200 there are days where it just doesn't happen I really need to work on that.
  • ktoy08
    ktoy08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kayla. Today is the day I am starting my journey to losing weight and wanting to feel great. I am currently at my heaviest weight I have ever been and I am very ashamed of myself. So I am looking forward to change in my live I want to be better for my kids so I can be here for them and do things with them. I am looking forward to being in this group.
  • ashleyg2688
    ashleyg2688 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Ashley. I am 195 pounds and my goal weight is 160. Three years ago I was really dedicated to this program and got down to 155. I remember how fun it was getting dressed and not trying to squeeze into my pants. Since then I got into a relationship and had another baby. I been going back and forth with MFP but found that I dont always stick to it. I need to lose weight and stick with the calorie counting. I just feel so.. blah. Heavy and tired all the time.
  • anitarugamas
    anitarugamas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, my name is Ana. Recently divorced, looking for a positive change in my life. I am currently 167 lbs and my goal weight is 130 lbs. it is very difficult for me to stay within the 1200 calorie range and this is why I am looking for support and like minded people.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    so I feel horrible I am like the biggest one here so far :( you guys are in onderland and I am waaay from that. I wish I was in onderland you guys are at good weights
  • PaulaSchlotterbeck
    PaulaSchlotterbeck Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Howdy! My name is Paula. I'm 47 years old, live in Lincoln, NE, and 37 lbs toward a 50 lb goal (I hope to reach it by Independence Day). This whole process started thanks to a physical last Sept, when my doctor asked me to become more active and gently advised, "Losing as little as 10 lbs would really help a lot" (I was in the Obese category for BMI). My bloodwork was a bit of a mess, too- super low D and high liver levels. So, I cut out alcohol, added the vitamins he suggested, and got my butt off the chaise lounge and started moving! I could barely get around the block- it was pretty bad. I gradually increased my activity level until I was walking 2mi/day, 5-6 days/week. Then, I fell on the ice during my daily walk the day after Thanksgiving and had to have a plate and 10 screws in my dominant hand. =( I did a lot of research into what sorts of foods help/harm bone regrowth and that really began the whole food focus for me. I refuse to call the food changes I've made a 'diet'- usually, I just say that I'm making healthy choices (no sugar/soft drinks, lean proteins, lots and lots of veggies, etc). I didn't start logging food until the past month, when I realized I need to begin paying attention to where I am calorically to help with the eventual transition to maintenance. I've bumped up my exercise further, adding in strength training (some of which is continuing PT for my left wrist) and doing sprints during my 30 min of cardio each day.
    Feel free to send me a friend request- I'm a bit of an introvert (actually I'm a lot of an introvert- INFJ for those interested in Myers-Briggs stuff like me) but I do like to make new friends and support other folks on their journey.
  • dublin448
    dublin448 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Erin and I live in Connecticut. I started MFP about a month ago at 245lbs. One day after my 40th birthday. Since then I have lost 10 lbs as of today. So current weight is 235. My goal is to loose 10 lbs a month and get down to 175, eventually. Then re-evaluate.
    I work two jobs, take two college courses a semester and I'm a mom so my life is crazy busy and I don't have too much time to exercise.
    I do Krav Maga once a week and I walk 8,000 steps a day (up from 3,500/day). I really try to stick to 1200 cals a day and if I exercise, I still only eat 1200 cals. So far it's working. Once school ends I plan on exercising 3 times a week during the summer and make sure I get enough sleep at night. That's very important for weight loss too!
    Friend request me if you would like. I'm really big into supporting people - it helps me stay on track too. Also, I'm a fitbit user so I'll share my info if you want to do step challenges.
  • LeanneMScott
    LeanneMScott Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody :) my name is Leanne, im 28 from north east England im a single parent with 2 children. Im studying at college at the moment too. Im currently 154 lb aiming to lose around 10lbs / fit into some of my old jeans lol. Looking to all of you for motivation and support :smiley:
  • 1229swansong
    1229swansong Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Sue. I'm glad I found this group. I lost over 50 pounds last year and got down to onederland. Fell off the wagon and gained back 30 pounds. Now I'm recommitting and hope to get the weight back off. Looking forward to sharing the support here.
  • ASimplerLife
    ASimplerLife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Becky. Glad to have found you all and thanks to whoever started the group. Well, I'm starting TODAY, May 1, after getting on the scale and seeing my highest weight ever. I'm still in shock. I got on the scale a second time to make sure and it said O--LD. I don't think that means OLD (even though I'm 61), I think it means OVERLOAD. So, talk about a wake-up call. I've been on MFP before but never stuck with it. This time, I'm going to. Kay, you're not the heaviest one anymore. I weigh 336.4, and I'm only 5'4". I'm probably the heaviest AND the oldest.
  • 1229swansong
    1229swansong Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Becky, nice to meet you. And, just to make you feel better, I'm also 5'4" but I'm older than you!! I'm 62, so I probably have you by a few months, anyways!!
  • annteja
    annteja Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Mateja and I'm 5'7 and currently I'm 156 pounds. My heaviest weight was 183 pounds and my lowest 141. My goal is 132-ish. I might stop before that because I don't want to be too skinny, I still like some curves :)
  • _CFraser_
    _CFraser_ Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi! I'm Chenelle and I'm looking for accountability buddies. I've tried a few diets before, but came to the realization that I'm just eating too much food for my body and it's causing slow, but evident weight gain. That's why i decided to count calories and reduce portion sizes, but not really strictly "diet". I'm hoping to connect with people that are also reducing their calorie intake that can help keep me accountable. :)