Week 5 Daily Check-In Thread for May (Monday May 2nd through Sunday May 8th)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Week 5 already!!! Lets Rock this ish!!

Replies

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    LOL... Ish! Just like the kittens! I wonder how many other words are autocorrected!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    LOL... Ish! Just like the kittens! I wonder how many other words are autocorrected!

LMAO
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I am feeling really good about May! I got my 10,000 steps in for the first time in awhile yesterday!! I also did Day 1 Level 1 of 30 Day Shred AFTER work, which is unheard of for me...I normally torture myself and wake up super early to do it before work but that makes me have to go to bed so much earlier and miss so much time with my family so I am giving it my all!

I WILL FINISH 30 DAY SHRED! I WILL WORK OUT MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY UNTIL IT IS COMPLETE! (Maybe even do Saturdays too so I do not have to do it when I go to Houston in June lol)

Also at work I did -
    (5) Sets of 20 Wall Push-Ups
    (5) Sets of 12 Lunges
    (5) Sets of 20 Squats
    (5) Sets of 20 Standing Calf Raises
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I was finding myself seriously hungry and low energy for workouts over the past couple weeks, so I used my 10 week weight loss and average calorie intake to find my TDEE and recalculated my macros. Got a good grip on my protein and fat goals. Still shooting for "low-carb" but don't think I'll be dropping to 20g again anytime soon. My cals went up from 1200 to 1390. Felt better yesterday during my workout and didn't have the urge to binge in the evening. I'm going to continue my JM Shred and track my progress with multiple metrics (measuring, photos and weight) for a few weeks to see how I do on the new macros.
    Did my JM week 2, day 1 yesterday (along with heatherc369 :smile: ) and I ate on point. Took new pics and starting to see some muscles I didn't have before! YAY! Not even sure I want to get down to my original goal weight anymore.. think I'm committed to recomp now and not worrying too much about my weight. Focused more on composition and workout personal bests at this point.
    Evolving and excited!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @heatherc369 Good Job Girl! You will DO the shred program and keep on seeing results!!!

@Ktmc132 How do you recalculate your macro needs? I've never taylored that.

I've been super sluggish lately, just can't seem to find the groove. My body just feels worn out and I think it's because I maybe spinning too much??? I don't know if it is nonsense, but with 4-5 times per week, high intensity, 500-650 calories burned per workout, I wonder if I'm over-doing it... Somewhere, I remember reading, that I should give the body a day rest...
    Time to do spin 3x-2x per week and add some resistance, maybe? What do you all think?
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    @NadiaMayl I tried to check out your diary but I couldn't find it. Sucks to feel so run down :( That is A LOT of cal's to burn every day.. is it possible that you're just not getting enough to sustain you? Since you're down to your last 5 lbs to lose I would definitely look into your TDEE and make sure you're getting enough cals for your level of exercise. Also macros make a difference in your energy levels, so you might need to try a new setup.

I have been reading a lot about strength training / weightlifting and am a little more interested in that than continued cardio and ONLY weight loss at this point. I want to build muscle so I can be stronger and I won't have to eat at a deficit forever..lol. I will still be doing cardio just not focused on it as my only exercise.

I joined this group and they have a buttload of helpful information and links here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026/important-posts-to-read/p1
    I read all the stuff about calculating macros, got out my calculator and plugged in my numbers. I'm not sure how it will work but I think I"m at the point where I'm willing to try new things for a few weeks to see how they work for me. Not every body is the same or needs the same exact thing, so I'm dialing in on what works for me. I think its important to listen when your body is telling you its not happy. Let me know if you need help.. I'm kinda figuring all this stuff out as I go but I'm happy to help you if I can. :)
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    btw I'm still at a 30% deficit, which MFP says will put me at losing 1lb/week. Which I'm cool with for now.
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Thanks @Ktmc132 , I have been eating some of my workout calories and I try to eat within 30min of workout, to make sure I have enough nutrients to feed the body... I know I could do a bit better on some of my midday snacks, but overall, I think I'm eating healthy. Strange that you can't look at diary, I thought I had it public!!
    I'll take a look at the group you suggested! I'm always in for more learning. I liked weight training a lot, but I get so insecure doing it alone at the gym because I am not familiar enough with the machines... And the trainers, well, they're too expensive... Hehehe but I need to get back into some muscle toning and strengthening... Probably will be more useful to get down to the nitty gritty last few pounds!
    Thanks and I will take you up on your offer if I get stuck with the macro jargon!! :smiley:
  • LilDebbieG71
    LilDebbieG71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all! :) I'm still here and feeling motivated! Looking forward to shedding some lbs. this month and checking in with you!! Let's do this ish! ;)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @Ktmc132 I hear a lot about the TDEE method I think I need to look into it more, I hear good things about the IIFYM website, tried it years ago but at the time it seemed like too much work lol

@NadiaMayl thanks girl!

@LilDebbieG71 We got this!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I did Day 2 of level one of 30ds last night, boy am I sore today! OUCH! It burns so good though! lol I decided to stop with my lil lunge and squats throughout the day until I get used to 30ds, still trying to get my steps in though!
  • curleytop60
    curleytop60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weigh in weight is:: 324. Lost 2 lbs this week. Measurements have not changed
    Neck 16
    Waist 52.25
    Hips 66
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Did a barbell class today, took it nice and slow... No cardio, just lifting... I can feel my arms are still jiggly! I'm going to be sore tomorrow!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Did a barbell class today, took it nice and slow... No cardio, just lifting... I can feel my arms are still jiggly! I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Sweet!!! I'm going for my first session today too! :)
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Ktmc132 wrote: »

Sweet!!! I'm going for my first session today too! :)

How did it go?!?! Are you sore yet? Hehehe
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Well today I did good, went a little over my calorie goals, but I'm ok with that. Finding it difficult to get my protein target within those cals.. will be working on that. Didn't do my shred tonight, I went to the gym and started lifting and took my dogs on a nice walk when I got home instead. Still going to do JM on days I'm not lifting so probably only 3x week (sorry @heatherc369 ). I'm still kinda with you!!! :smiley:
    This is what I accomplished today..

15 mins incline treadmill (warmup) brisk pace
    15x3 barbell squats 35 lb
    15x3 bench presses 35 lb
    15x2 barbell rows 35 lb
    15x3 pull down crunch things 40 lb
    8x3 "butt blaster" machine (seriously what its called lol) 40 lb
    30 minute walk dogs moderate pace

@NadiaMayl It went awesome, except for the trainer trying to convince me I should use machines instead of free weights. But I insisted.. RAWR! I'm a little sore in my chest and hammys.. lol. Tomorrow will be interesting :neutral:
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    I did Day 2 of level one of 30ds last night, boy am I sore today! OUCH! It burns so good though! lol I decided to stop with my lil lunge and squats throughout the day until I get used to 30ds, still trying to get my steps in though!

@heatherc369 It's a beast huh!? Good Job!!!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Ktmc132 wrote: »

@NadiaMayl It went awesome, except for the trainer trying to convince me I should use machines instead of free weights. But I insisted.. RAWR! I'm a little sore in my chest and hammys.. lol. Tomorrow will be interesting :neutral:

Hehehe I got out of bed an hour ago and nearly mis stepped due to wobbly legs.... And I thought I went light on the barbell squats!! Hahaha yeah, nope!
    Good for you ask for the free weights! Why would he want you start on machines other than to get you to pay more sessions?! Most trainers will say that if you have a trainer it's best to go for free weights.
    Machines are good if you're alone and don't lift, but they take a lot of focus for you to keep core tight, controlled movements, etc... Free weights make you engage more otherwise you lose your balance or will get injured hence making them more effective when used properly.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Got my steps in yesterday, actually I went OVER again :)
    Did Level 1 Day 3 of 30 Day shred, so excited to finish this program and see the results!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Didn't work out at all today but I got in about 6000 steps, I'm calling it a rest day.. sore muscles feel so good. Ate really well today although I'm having a hard time reaching my protein goals. have noticed I've been feeling a lot better energy-wise and more satisfied since i adjusted my macros. Lifting again tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.