What are the Preggos listing as their "goal" on here?

Options
Are you doing maintain or gain weight?

Replies

• tealeafmonster
    tealeafmonster Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    i'm no longer pregnant, but you may want to calculate your tdee (total day energy expenditure) and then add ~300 calories if you're in the 2/3rd trimester (unless your doctor wants you losing weight). you can manually add that number as your daily calorie goal on myfitnesspal. here's a tdee calculater if you're interested in that: http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • kdening
    kdening Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put in maintenance as I already have almost gained the max I should and was just in the overweight category when I got pregnant. But I know there is likely to be more weight gain and I adjust my weight as I gain which changes the maintenance categories.
  • FedWellMel
    FedWellMel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just put in "maintenance" (I'm 5 weeks) for my current weight, and I hope that will keep me in check for most of the pregnancy. Symptoms haven't hit yet, so we'll see how that goes!
  • runningyogagirl
    runningyogagirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just added in 300/400 calories more than I was trying to eat before pregnant.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late answer - hope this is still useful to you. I took a calorie number I tend to maintain at, 2000, and added 300 to it for a total of 2300. The 2000 was based on TDEE calculators and my own experience playing around with different goals on MFP -- if it seems high, it's because I'm tall and muscular and work out a lot. I definitely vary from day to day on whether I'm under or over my goal though. My appetite seems to randomly disappear and reappear so far (2nd tri here).