Did You Know #2: Micro Change Your Habits

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
We've been encouraging you to make small, incremental changes away from the chair. Look for opportunities to move more throughout your day while focusing on just "one thing" to prioritize for now. One thing that you'll keep on doing long after Sit Less Boot Camp is over.

Making small, modest changes that stick is also the recommendation of Dr. Mike Evans in this "Change Chart". And it's equally appropriate for weight loss as it is for becoming more active.

Dr. Evans has a series of whiteboard videos and they are all interesting, informative and entertaining. My favorite is
"23 and1/2 hours" but all of his videos that I've seen have been excellent.

Here is his Change Chart:

01bc05bwoe6y.jpg

Replies

• meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Lol eat chocolate. Yes please!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I certainly do! I couldn't stick to this weight-loss business if I had to give up chocolate, pizza and other things like that! :)

l9jlwutj7cre.jpg
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My improvised standing desk. I'm starting out doing this twice a day for 30 minutes, working up to two hours a day. 6pj46jvaqzic.jpg
  • themedalist
    Options
    @CherylPierce That's awesome. What a great use of an often idle printer!
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS POST!!!! I will be keeping that for my files. Today was a successful day. I managed to exceed all my targets today including steps (14,950 of 10,000), 659 of 590 calories burned, 71 of 30 minutes of exercise, and 11 of 12 "stands" for the day (but it's only 7PM!) -- all this according to my iWatch. I have also logged all my foods today and am under my calorie allotment.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Excellent @SnagTop! Exceeding your targets is a terrific feeling! And I'm glad you like the Change Chart!
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I will do squats and calf raises once an hour. It's totally doable. I am finding more ways to move during the day.
  • themedalist
    Options
    jlperiard wrote: »
    I will do squats and calf raises once an hour. It's totally doable. I am finding more ways to move during the day.
    This sounds great, @jlperiard! Love that you are finding more ways to move throughout the day! That's what we hope everyone will gain from SLBC.