New Vegan HELP!

Options
itzmytime2B
itzmytime2B Posts: 12 Member
I have not yet transitioned to Vegan. I have been eating "clean" and loosely following the Paleo diet which includes meat and eggs. I am 52 and have not been able to lose weight and my cholesterol is getting higher by year. I have to make a change and eliminating animal products from my life is the only way I can see it. I need Vegan friends and support. Please add me as a friend. If you will please let me know you are on the Vegan group that would be helpful. Thank you!

Replies

• O2CAslan
    O2CAslan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I haven't really introduced myself to the group, but I eat a Plant Based diet, mostly for health, but also for the animals. Your story sounded very similar to mine, so I just wanted to recommend a couple of websites to you. I know everyone is different, so this is only my experience, but I believe the principles given by Dr. McDougall and Dr. Esselstyne really do change your health for the better.
    https://www.drmcdougall.com/
    http://www.dresselstyn.com/site/
    Both sites have great advice for eating a vegan diet, and have great recipes (I got their books from my local library). If you're on Facebook, Jeff Novick is a Plant Based dietitian who has a lot of resources for people just starting out; and Vegan Radiance is another great source and a great inspiration! My favorite recipe site is at fatfreevan.com - actually there's just tons of free resources out there for you, but those are the ones that have helped me the most.

Basically - when I follow their plans, I lose weight, and all my health numbers are perfect (actually better than perfect). I'm back here because I fell off the wagon - and the weight I've gained back has caused the health problems to return. I've been back at it now for 30 days, and this time hopefully it'll be for good. Following a diet temporarily just doesn't work - not for me anyway. It's a lifestyle. Good luck! :smile:
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Sent friend req..
  • dmorazzini13
    dmorazzini13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to follow me for help with your Vegan transition.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I f/r you. I have open diary so you can get ideas from me. I eat an alkaline vegan diet, very healthy