Week 5 Daily Check-In Thread for May (Monday May 2nd through Sunday May 8th)

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    @Kerryatoon We all need rest sometimes ;)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I got in my 10k steps before I left work, did my 30 Day shred and then we went and had mexican food for cinco de mayo ( my fave!) I had a no-ritto bowl , the healthiest thing on the menu....then the whole family went on just over a mile walk afterward because it was so beautiful out!
  • LilDebbieG71
    LilDebbieG71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I've been pretty much MIA this week. Both my kids have been sick and now I think I may be getting sick too. **sigh** I'm thinking of changing things up and starting a new program by Kayla Itsines called Bikini Body Guide (BBG). It's a mix of LISS and circuit training. This is similar to what I used to do, but it looks lighter on the plyos. I may do this for the summer then switch back to heavier lifting in the Fall...we'll see....I seem to change things up frequently so not sure how long I'll stick with BBG. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @LilDebbieG71 hope everyone gets to feeling better! We have sniffles going around the house so I have been praying we dont get sick!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I did Day 5 of Level 1 of 30DS yesterday, went over on my steps again too :) I may do day 6 today because I want to finish the program before I go on Vacation June 8th :) Have agreat weekend ladies!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Happy Mommas Day to all and your mommas! Hubby's birthday was yesterday and lots of food and drink to go around..... Kept it 'descent', I'm taking the weekend off, officially, so I don't stress about going over calories and such.... Back on the saddle again tomorrow! Have a beautiful day everyone!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!! <3

Yesterday I blew my cals at early Mothers Day dinner at Red Lobster.. oh well. But I did go to the gym and do some cardio and weightlifting, increased weight!! Walked the dogs in the evening with my daughter while we looked for cloud animals. What a great day!

Here's what I accomplished:
    Squats: 5x5 55lbs
    Bench Press: 5x5 45lbs
    Butt Blaster: 3x10 100lbs
    Cable Crunch: 5x5 70lbs
    Incline Treadmill: 1/2 mile brisk pace
    Walk Dogs with kiddo: 45min, mod pace
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    I was going to take today off. But I ended up getting on treadmill for 30min and doing Day 2 Level 1 of shred. So I'm feeling accomplished!!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    I was going to take today off. But I ended up getting on treadmill for 30min and doing Day 2 Level 1 of shred. So I'm feeling accomplished!!!

Hell yes! That's the best way to treat yourself on Mother's Day! Today was a rest day for weights for me and I did my JM BodyShred too! YAY US!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Monday weigh in day: I wasn't sure where else to post this but this is a catchall thread I guess. So I'm posting my inches lost over the last 2 weeks. My weight hasn't budged at 148 but I'm lifting weights and doing JM shred on my rest days. Definitely losing inches! I'm learning that the scale isn't everything :smile:

4/25 - 5/9
    Waist: 1.5" lost
    Hips: 1.5" lost
    Chest: 0.5" lost
    Thigh: 1.75" lost
    Calf: 0.25" lost
    Bicep: 0.25" lost
  • NadiaMayl
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wow!!! That is a phenomenal amount of inches gone!!! Congratulations! I need to start lifting, but other than machines, I am super intimidated by the buffs at the gym!!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    Wow!!! That is a phenomenal amount of inches gone!!! Congratulations! I need to start lifting, but other than machines, I am super intimidated by the buffs at the gym!!!
    Thanks!! I was surprised..because I'm not losing weight.. but I'm good with inches. :)
    Hey..they all had to start at the beginning too! The machines are good, I just wanted to get past that intimidation..so I'm doing a mix of free weights and machines for stabilizing muscles (mostly shoulders, core and glutes/hips). I started with just the bar..and felt like a whimp but I can't get better unless I start where I am! I've done a lot of reading here on lifting and watched tons of videos. Got a free consult with a trainer to get me started on barbell squats & bench press. Found a better/cheaper trainer that I'm going to consult with about 1xmonth for form checks and for reevaluating my plan. That's $25/ month which is totally doable for me. Just keep learning and know if you want to do free weights you can!

• Kerryatoon
    Options
    Gym night: Killed it :smiley:
    Treadmill Incline Brisk 0.5mi (warmup)
    Butt Blaster 2x10 70lbs
    Butt Blaster 2x10 50lbs
    Standing Calf Raises 5x12 40lbs
    Barbell Squats 5x5 60lbs
    Overhead Barbell Press 5x5 35lbs
    Cable Crunches 5x15 80lbs
    Hanging leg raises 3x10

Ate on point today, healthy choices and lean protein. Didn't get dinner before I went so I'm starving! Next mini-goal get home and eat healthy food..avoid fast food! {cue Mission Impossible theme song} :wink:
  • heatherc369
    Options
    You guys are doing great!
This discussion has been closed.