Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast ideas (tired of oatmeal)

foxygirl14
foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
Does anyone have a good breakfast option that isn't oatmeal? I have smoothies sometimes but I find that I'm always hungry soon after, so if you have any filling smoothie ideas that would be great!

Replies

• VeganTankGirl
    VeganTankGirl Posts: 8 Member
    Overnight chia pudding, gives u super energy :) there lots of different recipes online, I use the chocolate one by minimalist baker but I add 30 grams of milled flaxseed to the recipe :) xx
  • kelCshea
    kelCshea Posts: 16 Member
    Do you eat/like tofu? There are tons of good recipes for tofu scramble. Silk & Daiya make vegan yogurts now, and Follow Your Heart even has a vegan egg! I think it's pricey but it could be a good treat every once in awhile!
  • claudiaramos1310
    claudiaramos1310 Posts: 38 Member
    I just read of an apple peanut butter smoothie.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Frozen bananas- blend with nut butter and cocoa powder or add dates! Make sure it has enough cals to get you through to lunch :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    If you look at the website eatthismuch.com, you can choose the vegan option and they will generate a full day's worth of meals based on your calorie and macro requirements. One of the breakfasts I've been having a lot is the banana smoothie, which is 52g banana, 40g dry oatmeal, 8 oz almond milk (I found Orgain, which has 10g protein), 25g protein powder and ice. It's pretty filling, and I have it with a protein latte, which is coffee with 4 oz soy milk and 15g protein powder added to it.
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks for the answers! These ideas sound delicious!:)
  • julianniebananie
    julianniebananie Posts: 19 Member
    I also have an amazing recipe for a cranberry-nut farro porridge if you want it! I love this so much, it's so yummy. It's kind of similar to oatmeal, but I think it's different enough that you'd like it as a change, perhaps. :smile: You can also make it as wet or dry as you'd like. Let me know if you want the recipe, and add me if you'd like!
  • FreeVeg
    FreeVeg Posts: 46 Member
    Sandwich? I love avocado and cucumber + lettuce, a bit salt and lemon pepper. And sweet option - crunchy almond butter with banana and cinnamon.
  • catelee_03
    catelee_03 Posts: 15 Member
    I make crustless mini quiche with silken tofu that are great! you can eat the by themselves or make little breakfast burritos with veggies and salsa!
  • I really like a banana with almond butter in the morning. I also like overnight oats (I know your tired of oatmeal, but this is served cold and I feel it taste way different than traditional hot oatmeal), I use the recipe provided by, Oh She Glows.
  • GSMom3
    GSMom3 Posts: 6 Member
    My go to breakfast right now - one wrap, 1/4 cup of Trader Joes Refried Black Beans with jalapenos, and a serving of southwestern tofu scramble (recipe at minimalistbaker.com - super simple, super yum). I pair my breakfast burrito with a piece of fruit and I am good until lunch time!
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    avocado toast! mash 1/2 an avocado with lemon juice and pepper and spread on toast, so good!!!!!
  • claudiaramos1310
    claudiaramos1310 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm made my first smoothie bowl. Nothing to it really. Something new to me and I loved how it came out. So quick. And great because you can add almost anything to it.
  • dmorazzini13
    dmorazzini13 Posts: 6 Member
    This week we ate Ezekiel Cinnamon-Raisin cereal with 1/2 cup each blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, 1 cup of Almond-Coconut milk, coffee with Almond Milk. Today we had Buckwheat pancakes, banana compote, maple syrup, Tofurky breakfast sausages. Tomorrow we're gonna have potato bake with mushrooms, kale, spinach, peppers, onions.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    How can anyone get bored of oatmeal! So many toppings and options :'(

Can make some mean banana pancakes with just bananas/buckwheat flour/cashew milk. I think freelee has a recipe video
  • pattycakes_bakersman
    pattycakes_bakersman Posts: 16 Member
    I made this gluten-free banana bread on Sunday. It's very dense and filling:
    http://minimalistbaker.com/one-bowl-gluten-free-banana-bread/

Also zuchinni muffins are a good make ahead.
    http://ohsheglows.com/2012/08/06/oil-free-chocolate-zucchini-walnut-muffins/

I do overnight oats if I want to add fruit in. The chia seeds are VERY filling.
    http://ohsheglows.com/2015/07/22/vegan-overnight-oats/

For weekends, I like to make a breakfast hash with sweet potatoes, peppers, beans, and tofu scram.