Question for Fitbit Blaze Owners

Options
tiffkittyw
tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
I currently have a charge HR and I'm thinking about upgrading to the blaze because I like that you can see your workout summary on the display. My question is whether the blaze is comfortable to sleep with on because it's so much bigger than my charge HR? For those who use the blaze to track sleep is it uncomfortable? Thanks

Replies

• no44s4me
    no44s4me Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I got used to it, but to your point, the larger size is the biggest adjustment, but the display more than makes up for it. I tried wearing my first FitBit (Charge HR) on my right wrist in addition to my usual watch and I just couldn't get used to it. The Blaze works nicely for both
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I moved from a Jawbone UP Move (clip tracker) to the Blaze, and I was worried it would be uncomfortable sleeping with it. The first night was a bit weird (only because I'm used to not wearing anything on my wrists while sleeping), but by the second night it was fine. I've had it for almost two weeks now and I don't even notice it.

(Note: It can be a problem if your cat uses your arm as a pillow and you use the silent alarm. I don't think my poor kitty's head has stopped vibrating yet.)
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thank you! LOL about the cat. 1 have one cat that sleeps on my pillow with me right in my face.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me at all. I am looking to sell my Blaze (I have the purple band, a black leather band, and a gold band and a silver band--the gold and silver are not Fitbit brand but they work just fine). I want to upgrade to the Surge. When I bought my Blaze I was just doing gym workouts, but now I've gotten into running and would like the GPS on the Surge. If you're interested, just send me a private message. I was thinking about $150 for all of it (the leather band is $100 on its own).
  • s_acilegna
    s_acilegna Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I purchased my blaze about three months ago, best purchase by far. However, I tend to take mine off when I sleep because it does seem a bit annoying to me. I personally think that the watch is a bit large, it tends to get snagged on clothing and such. But when I do wear it to bed I never regret it! I love how it monitors your sleep quality and you don't have to go out of your way to activate sleep mode, it detects when you fall asleep and how restless or active you are in your sleep, also when and how long you wake up in the middle of the night. I never realized how active I was in my sleep until now!

hope this helps! overall it is a great tool and keeps me motivated.

Also, in reference to GPS tracking -blaze offers that, you just have to activate it. Rather than spending more money on a more expensive version.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thank you everyone who provided input on the Blaze. I did figure the larger screen would be an adjustment when sleeping and I didn't even think about it getting caught on clothing. I love my charge hr so I've got a lot to think about.