New mom trying to lose

Options
AObryan86
AObryan86 Posts: 10 Member
Hello everyone my name is Ashley and I'm a new mom to a handsome 4 month old baby boy. Pre baby I was overweight and 4 months after baby I have gained 10 lbs. I'm now realizing that I need to get in gear and lose this weight. I'm 29, single mom and I work 3 days a week 12.5 hour shifts so I have to really plan out and find time to get healthy. I'm looking for new friends who are in similar situations that can help motivate me to stay on track. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Moms unite! I am also a working mom and have a almost 4 year old son. I'll add you!
  • CaitlinS311
    CaitlinS311 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's SO hard trying to find time to exercise, let alone forming the habits to track and make healthy choices. I feel ya sister. My kids are 4 and 6 and I work full time but I have so much guilt about not seeing them all day, it's really hard to fit in exercise time that doesn't include them. And since they alternate between being loving and fighting like weasels, the whole, "include your kids in an workout" is just stressful for me. I feel like weight issues, whether we call them food addictions or not, seem to be very much like other kinds of addictions. I know for me, I have to look at it all like one hour at a time. One meal at a time. Hang in there and I would love to have this group to help me stay motivated! :)
  • travelgrl19
    travelgrl19 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'll be celebrating mother's day for the first time this year with my 10 moNTH` O
  • travelgrl19
    travelgrl19 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    old daughter, who just hit the keyboard, lol. It's a challenge, but I'm getting on the treadmill every night after she falls asleep. Staying away from food is my biggest challenge.
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    I'm not a "new" mom... But I do have a NEWBORN! Just gave birth to my fourth little one last week and have about 50 lbs to lose. I was overweight prior to the pregnancy and then gained about 30 lbs during. I was 218 lbs when I left the hospital and my goal weight is 170 lbs. I have four little ones : 7, 6, 3 and 6 day old. I'm a stay at home mom... Which most people THINK that means I have free time but I have little to none... Between school functions, toddler play dates, breast-feeding/pumping every 2 hrs (day and night), tending to a newborn and managing a household I don't have much downtime AT ALL. I'm curious how ill lose the weight... The husband and I bought fitbits this week, and I'm hoping that helps motivate me. I've lost the weight before but it's always a new challenge as the family grows.

*** You can send me a request.

• cphixo91
    cphixo91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had my second daughter a month ago and went from 140-180, I'm down to 158 and want to be at 135ish for my first goal. When I had my first 3.5 years ago I gained a lot and lost around 100 lbs after so I desperately want to get back to where I was. I'm new to mfp so you ladies feel free to add me, I'm in need of some firiends!
  • Jlv314
    Jlv314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My baby girl is 7 months but I am still gaining...I was nauseous with no appetite the entire time I was pregnant, but now the appetite's back. I exclusively breastfed the first 3 months, now back to work I'm pumping and nursing...but I'm hungrier! I walk ~3-5 miles a day during my work breaks but nothing's coming off. My dream would be to lose 20 pounds and deal with the rest..
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm a married mother of two boys ages 8 and 11. During the school year it is easier for me to find time to exercise. I work until noon and can go when I get off work and they are still in school. Summers are tough because they hate going to the bike path and I love going. I'll probably end up dragging them along and listen to them complain, or try and squeeze one in the three days a week my oldest has Taekwondo. I'm the worst on weekends diet and water wise. It is something I really need to work on.