Introduce yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Woohoo so excited! I'm Lissy and this is my second round here. I'm a desk jockey in NY and have two of the laziest cats out there. I'm recovering from an injury but I'm hoping to be back in full force by the time this group starts! I have about another 60lbs to go before I reassess and I've realized I'm only going to lose that weight when I'm surrounded by awesome, supportive people!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was in the Spring amazing race. Who knew exercising and losing weight could be so much fun!

I'm married with two daughters who are back from college. One graduated this month. I'm 59 and was ahead of my time with childhood obesity. I've fought my weight all my life, sometimes more successful than other times! I have a desk job so I could be very sedentary if I didn't make an effort. Fortunately I enjoy cycling, hiking, gardening, downhill and cross country skiing.

With the help of the Spring challenge I am at my goal weight. I am looking forward to the support from the challenge as I improve my fitness.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim, I live in Leesburg, Fl. I'm 40 yrs old and I have 2 kids ages 16 and 5. I work as a CNA at a long term care facility. I was in the spring challenge and really enjoyed it. I have made some changes in my life recently that have left me a little less motivated on my weight loss journey. I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things with this new challenge. I am looking forward to the up coming weeks ahead. Good luck to everybody and thank you Mel for all that you have done to make this all possible. If it weren't for these challenges I'm sure I would have fell off the wagon long ago and probably would have been back at the weight I started at. Best wishes to everyone!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim. I am 41 years old, live in northern Massachusetts (originally from Boston), and teach elementary special education. I have lost and kept off about 60lbs, but there is an additional 10 that has been off again and on again over the last couple of years. Running is my primary form of exercise, though I also enjoy lifting, and this time of year I train for triathlon so I do some swimming and biking as well.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Connie I'm 54 & live in Chicago area. I was in the Winter and Spring challenges, loved them & am definetly ready for Summer! I've lost 23 lbs so far while on my fitness pal & would Ike to lose another 30 or so. These challenges are a great way for me of staying motivated & accountable. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Tiffany, Atlanta, Georgia..I'll be turning 40 in a couple weeks and thanks to the spring challenge helping me through a plateau.. I'll be a size smaller for my bday! Husband, 2 kids 14 & 11 and enough pets and work from home. Hoping to keep up the exercise, it gives me energy, and maybe lose 5 lbs. and tone up.
  • littlemanbulletlittleman
    Options
    Hi my name is Darci....my sister got me introduced to the world of fitness pal and I'm loving it. I'm looking to lose some weight and get in shape and this challenge is awesome for me to achieve my goals.