2016 MFP Giro d'Italia Challenge - Graham Watson Thread

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Marco-Pantani-659x440.jpg

After the success of the Graham Watson Award last year, it's back again this year...

For those of you who don't recognise the name, Graham is pretty much the top dog when it comes to racing cycling photography - if you have spent any time whatsoever looking at bike race Images, chances are you've seen an awful lot of his work. Have a look here - http://www.grahamwatson.com/ - at some of the galleries, and you'll realise just how all pervasive his stuff is.

So, as you may guess, in parallel with the "Ride Logging" thread, we're going to have a "Photo Logging" thread, and at the end of the thread, I'll organise an independent judge to view the thread and declare a 1-2-3 of the Images submitted.

Please don't feel like you've got to submit something from every ride, just do something if it takes your eye, and it's generally "on topic" - the judge will be briefed to be looking for things that fit the theme of the Giro d'Italia - so I'm expecting a fair amount of Pink Jerseys, Tricolore's and generally people looking "Bella en Sella", as well as stunning views (with a bike propped up in frame somewhere)

If you wish to add a bit of a "ride report" with the photo, then all the better - I really think that the whole reporting thing added quite a bit to the experience of the Classics Challenge - both from my part, and for most of the people participating... I know I'd be thinking "I wonder where everyone's been and what stories they will have to tell" when I was riding the back half of my rides this year.

Thread is open for Submissions captured on any day 6th May through to 29th May and will close a few days afterwards - but the "rest day" shots shouldn't really be ride related. I've already got one planned with the bike in the workstand getting washed down :laugh:

Replies

• jillyian
    jillyian Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My goal for tomorrow is to try and get a good shot
  • jillyian
    Options
    x0600hhjulp4.jpeg

Friday is coffee ride for Swamis team fun, it's always a nice north or south coastal ride with coffee along the way.
    It's the perfect ride

this week is the start of
    Tour of California.
    The actual start is down in San Diego, the club I ride with will have a booth and a party and many of the cyclists will ride down to watch the start and the finish of day 1- sadly I will not be part of this grand event, because I will be at work.
    Ah well, that would have been awesome photos!!!!!
  • jillyian
    Options
    zb8d8skjhhci.jpeg
    [img]https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.s sl.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/gw/af06r1ec4esa.jpeg[/img]
    o8qjugf1vhgj.jpeg
    yrbf8f9hksnf.jpeg

On today's ride we saw this team - United health care-
    which I got pics of,
    we saw cannondale
    We saw team bmc
    We also saw 5 others -
    5 of the 8 that we passed were all on the same road, one team followed by the team car, super cool, then another and another each of them followed by a team car, the last one which is the one I got a photo of, was because we had to stop due to only one lane being opened, so I had the opportunity to get the pictures
    - now I don't feel as sad about missing the start of ToC tomorrow because I probably saw the riders for a longer period of time today then I would on the race day -
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    l2fbyxtasvl4.jpeg
    Giro rest day
  • TheBigYin
    edited May 2016
    Options
    a couple of cheeky screen-grabs from my Video'd ride on the 17th...

r9agrzkwvrqh.jpg
    2ayzw4riwve2.jpg

(looks like the distance trip-meter was broken :( )

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    s_5xdnftHFNBXFsimV9j3A8QBrNS4p9HbxsmMWlO1Y8-1536x2048.jpg
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    oh, and one from the rest/laundry day...

27000485781_fa408e361a_o.jpgWorlds 2015 T-Shirt
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Haha yes!
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    My bike needed a rest, it was over 80 degrees out. The tree is over 100 years old. One of the few that are left in our town. This is a lovely spot to ride, border of insanity and country riding while still in town. This might not be a 'proper' road bike, but it gets the job done.

ca4if237avrt.jpg
  • jillyian
    Options
    mys71v7yhpdz.jpeg
    [img]https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.s sl.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/0m/vr93v0kmezon.jpeg[/img]

Me and my friends we like to explore and sometimes we come upon gates where we have no other option (besides going back but where is the fun in that) then to climb over the walls -
    This was one of those rides
  • ruthbardell
    ruthbardell Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A photo of one of the features on the cycle path on my commute home.

j5xm7qv6leaz.jpg

Bristol claims to be a cycling city, and whilst it has its fair share of rubbish cycle infrastructure, it has occasional highlights like this. (for those that can't make it out, it is a statue of a giant having a drink, who has a water fountain in his arm). A little bit further along the path, near a cafe is a bike pump built into the side of the track.
  • jillyian
    Options
    poj4zm5sa6qd.jpeg

Group photo at the top of one of our hills today - you can't see it today because it is so grey, but the ocean is in the background
This discussion has been closed.