New here!

Options
kbernstein810
kbernstein810 Posts: 5 Member
Hi ladies my son is 2 months old tomorrow and I gained a lot of weight... Before my son was conceived I gained about 30 pounds this way due to depression after having recurrent miscarriages... So when I got pregnant with him I was already heavier than I usually am.... So on top of that I gained about 60 pounds this pregnancy!! So far I have lost 27 pounds and want to get down another 40 pounds to get me to a healthy weight... I need all the help I can get never ever been this heavy!! I'm 5"8 and right now I weigh 216 ugh I don't even like saying it I feel gross

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Our height and weights are scarily similar. My baby is 3 months and I'm 30 pounds down so far. We can do this! So sorry you had a hard time conceiving and suffered along the way. x
  • vanessa007
    vanessa007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've just had a baby boy (11lbs) and I need to lose at least 10kg to get back to a healthy weight. Can't wait to feel half decent in clothes again. I'm totally addicted to sugar and really need to force myself not to eat it constantly! So glad it's nice weather so I can get outside at least x
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Totally in the same boat ! I would like to lose 50lbs !

I'm giving up chips,cookies, and candy starting today !
  • bekba09
    bekba09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My son is 7.5 months old. I've lost 12# and would like to lose 35-40 more to get to a healthy weight. I had a lot to lose (yay stress and PCOS!) when I conceived him, but actually didn't gain too much (right at 20#). Look forward to getting to know you all!
  • kbernstein810
    kbernstein810 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    vanessa007 wrote: »
    I've just had a baby boy (11lbs) and I need to lose at least 10kg to get back to a healthy weight. Can't wait to feel half decent in clothes again. I'm totally addicted to sugar and really need to force myself not to eat it constantly! So glad it's nice weather so I can get outside at least x
    You can do it! I had 11kg originally. Now 5kg to lose
  • ReneeHuffy
    ReneeHuffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here! I have 33lbs to go! A friend posted a picture of us on Saturday and when I saw it, I cried. I did not realize I looked that big! I am giving up all kinds of sugar, carbs (breads,pastas,etc). Atkins all the way!
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ReneeHuffy wrote: »
    Same here! I have 33lbs to go! A friend posted a picture of us on Saturday and when I saw it, I cried. I did not realize I looked that big! I am giving up all kinds of sugar, carbs (breads,pastas,etc). Atkins all the way!

I'm just giving up chips cookies and candy so I don't lose my mind giving up everything ! I'm already giving up a lot bc of my daughters reflux.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I was 215 (possibly more) when my baby was born in september. Currently sitting at 167.8 with a goal of 145. You can totally rock this!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I was 205 after two back-to-back miscarriages when I got pregnant with my daughter. I'm currently stalled around 190, with 70 pounds to lose (I'm 5'0"). I had gotten to 175 last summer, but it crept back. I definitely understand where you're coming from!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. My son is 16 months, so I'm embarrassed to blame my weight on pregnancy. I've just (slowly) begun to cut down nursing and wean, so that may help. I'm 5'5" (165cm) and 70kg (155lb). I'd like to lose 5-7kg to get down to about 63kg (140lbs). I am crazy about sweets, and need to cut down on them. I recently got a Fitbit and have been motivated to walk, which is helping.
  • sarahc1215
    sarahc1215 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My son is 4 months and my daughter will be three in August. I am 5'2" and stuck at 118lbs. My pre pregnancy weight was 110 and I REALLY want to get back there. Thanks for letting me join your community!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I had a baby girl dec 29 via csection. I had gained 45lbs during pregnancy but was already big before I was pregnant. After the csection I was so sick from the drugs I lost all the baby weight in 3 weeks. Since then I've gained 10 back but now I'm trying to eat healthy and be more active. I'm 5'5 and am 236 right now (got up to 275 at the end of my pregnancy @_@) my weight really isn't because of the baby, it's always been an issue but I certainly have new challenges because of the baby (ie, lost a ton of core strength from being lazy during the pregnancy and the csection). Glad to be part of a group of other moms facing the same struggles :)
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    vanessa007 wrote: »

I have a serious problem with sugar too! I've cut out all added sugar and feel great, no more food cravings and am much less hungry. I'm totally an all or none kinda girl, I can't seem to moderate myself where sweets are concerned.
  • thrivefitnesspt
    thrivefitnesspt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I quit looking at the scale at about 28 weeks pregnant when I'd gained 44lbs already. I'm 5'2 and was 115 before preg, I'm estimating I'm about 155-160 now a month postpartum.. I am not weighing in, but taking weekly progress pictures and trying on a size 6 pair of jeans each week to check progress (I was a size 00-2 before baby). I'm a certified personal trainer and yoga teacher and definitely know what to do. Nutrition is pretty on point with clea. Eating clean and ranging 1800-2100 Cals. Waiting for postpartum bleeding to stop before jumping in to workouts, but have been doing daily 2-3 mile walks wearing the little one. I've never been this heavy before and this is a journey but I know if i take it one day at a time I will get there and so will you!