Healthy Meal Ideas for both Mom & Baby?

Options
Quiglep
Quiglep Posts: 5 Member
Guess this one's for any mommies past the weaning stage. My DS is almost 14 months. My husband and I cook our own meals and I currently batch cook separate meals for DS. It would be great to find healthy meals all three of us could eat! Even better if I can batch cook them and stick them in freezer for end of day. Hate coming home and having to cook instead of playing with little one.

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Still young but we have same brekkie weetbix and banana
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My little girl is 9 months now. She is starting on table food. I just give her a little bit of what we eat. she doesn't do well with meat yet. But she loves cereal, noodles, veggies and fruits. We ate Chinese. I gave her some of the noodles, she loved them.
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    Nine months now. We eat the same breakfast almost. Scrambled egg, weetbix with milk and banana/cooked pear/Apple (banana only if not constipated coz can clog up the system). Still purée, or forked mashed foods. Lots of potato, pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot with chicken/steak and butter/cheese with peas/beans/mushrooms+spices like turmeric! Cummin, coriander, nutmeg, or dried herbs like basil. Sticks of cucumber without skin. Avocado on its own. Greek yoghurt and banana with cinnamon. Drinking now from an open cup, will soon try a straw cup too. As a speech pathologist I hate sippy cups! Hope to have more lumpy foods soon as I increase the finger foods (baby had a cold at eight months so chewing is a tiny bit behind).
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    9 months here. We call him Mr. Food. Anything we eat (with the exception of lettuce& greens) he eats as well. I cut it to appropriate size and he is fine, he's been eating table food since 7 months with no issue. I should note he has 8 teeth and is very good at chewing. Things you wouldn't think he could eat, he does. He loves grapes, melon balls, berries (fresh or frozen) nuts (yes nuts!), i don't think he's tried a food he dislikes. Wholegrain toast with different spreads is a hit. I've done butter, nut butter, roasted beets, hummus, avocado etc. I remove the crust and cut it into fingers. And he loves greek or skyr yogurt, the thicker the better.

We add herbs and spices to everything, food is such an adventure, try everything!
    He also drinks from a regular cup at home, he does great until he's done drinking, then he'll smash it around and dump it if i'm not quick to remove it.
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    Have tried more solids but baby has laryngomalacia and he has a raspy noise after chewing normal foods, and he's underweight from a recent cold, so I'm still pureeing for a while