Logging Workouts

Options
ChristianeZH
ChristianeZH Posts: 2 Member
How do you log your CG workouts on here? So far I have been calling it 10 minutes of running and 50 minutes of calisthenics...but I would love other ideas!

Replies

• motherhen220
    motherhen220 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have not yet. Tried to figure what it would be, couldn't, so I just leave it off for now.
  • GabiNK
    GabiNK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll ask the trainer today at camp.
  • Pedtra
    Pedtra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could not figure it out either.
  • dallaswsugirl
    dallaswsugirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have a Fitbit or other activity tracker, you can connect them, and then it feeds automatically to MFP.
  • AvidReader_inTX
    AvidReader_inTX Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OK this is just my recommendation, after having done the CG Nutrition Challenge last year - don't try to input your workout information into MFP or connect it to your devices. When you do that, it will adjust your caloric requirements for the day based upon what you've entered. In theory, that is a good thing if you're operating under an every-day situation; however, you're already going to be planning to eat based upon your RMR * 1.2 and so you'll know & be able to set up your exact calorie needs for workout days in MFP already, and then having the double layer of it trying to adjust on top of that based upon the information you've entered may end up confusing you. My recommendation is that if you want to keep track of your calorie burn for specific days to reference, just add it as a food note on each day's entries. That way it's there but doesn't change up your daily calorie goals in any way.
  • ladyharlan
    ladyharlan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you log your CG workouts on here? So far I have been calling it 10 minutes of running and 50 minutes of calisthenics...but I would love other ideas!

When I asked my trainer he said you can use circuit training or calisthenics.
  • txkellicg
    txkellicg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually just went over the instructions and it said to NOT enter your workouts into MFP.
  • arymando26
    arymando26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was told today not to enter my workouts on here either cause it will throw off your calorie count.
  • ChristianeZH
    ChristianeZH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I created a workout I call CG that burns the number of calories I need to add to reach the RMR *1.2 number. Then I just have to select that workout to adjust my calories on the days I go to CG workouts.
  • MommaVy
    MommaVy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In MFP:

Add exercise, select cardiovascular (it doesn't matter), name your exercise (I called mine "CG BMR x 1.2"), enter in your value (mine is 327).

On your goals, you enter your BMR. On the days I workout, I add in my exercise. Your BMR is what you need to function. The 1.2 formula is to allow additional calories bc you got up and worked out. I would be starving if I didn't get that 1.2. My calorie burn obviously fluctuates, so I just add on another exercise and enter in that calorie difference from my 1.2 number.