Getting back on track.

Options
murphyraven
murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
Just putting this here for personal accountability. I've been between 174 to 172 for a couple months. Looking at MFP weight reporting I've (only) lost 10 lbs in the last 180 days. My surgeon's goal is 160lb, my original weight goal was 150lb when I first started the surgery process in Jan 2015. I know I'm not eating perfect. I got tired of food tracking and took a break from MFP. I'm eating more calories then I think I am. Not getting all my water in. I know I am eating too many carbs and sugar sneaks its way into my diet more often then I'd like to admit. blah blah old habits yada yada excuses. I want to get back on track. I go on vacation in Sept and I'd love to be at my surgeons goal by then, if not my personal goal. I think it should be reasonable to lose 10-20 lbs in 4 months.

So here are my goals.
Go back to the basics. Low carb high protein. Track my food - weight and measure.
Get back on track with my exercise. strength training 3x a week, cardio 2-3 times a week. 10000 steps daily.
Cut out non planned snacks. (mindless eating)
Drink 64+ oz of water or flavored water a day. no more counting coffee (even if it decaf) as fluid.

Stats:
HW 264
SW 250
CW 173 (today)
GW 150-160
16 months out from surgery
5'7"

Replies

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You got this! We could be twins with the exception of HW my HW was 387 and I am 14 months out of surgery and have been bouncing too between 174 and 170, it's frustrating! I do measure and still count every calorie, every carb and every fat...but girl if you want an accountability buddy I am game! I have a cruise in October and would love to be at 150...AND ummmm guilty of counting coffee as a fluid too, no more as of today that is a great point!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I listen to a Weight Loss Surgery podcast regularly and one of the themes is to try not and focus on the pounds too much... and also remember the weight you loss. Health is not a zero sum game. Even if we're not at "goal weight" we've improved our overall health immensely. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to lose a few more pounds too. But I'm also well aware that my blood pressure is better, my cholesteral and tryclycerides are lower, resting heart rate around 60 BPM, can run a mile under 10 minutes, more flexible, happier, etc etc.

I guess my point is there are lots of ways to measure health. Weight is important but not the be all, end all. <3o:):)
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    I listen to a Weight Loss Surgery podcast regularly and one of the themes is to try not and focus on the pounds too much... and also remember the weight you loss. Health is not a zero sum game. Even if we're not at "goal weight" we've improved our overall health immensely. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to lose a few more pounds too. But I'm also well aware that my blood pressure is better, my cholesteral and tryclycerides are lower, resting heart rate around 60 BPM, can run a mile under 10 minutes, more flexible, happier, etc etc.

I guess my point is there are lots of ways to measure health. Weight is important but not the be all, end all. <3o:):)

Fabulous points! And I am extremely grateful for all of that, I think the mental game of when the weight loss stops and starts bouncing is for me the hardest part. I lost BP meds, pre-diabetes meds, my resting heart rate is same as yours and I can do so much more physically....it's tough to still be called obese I am not going to lie, but your outlook is right and healthy, grateful for all I have gained!
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you..so similar in many aspects of your post. I took what I thought was a much needed tracking break, and wound up gaining a few lbs back...time to get on track with my plan and get those last 20 lbs off me also and stop letting my old bad habits creep back in...You can do it, look how hard you worked to get where you are. And what you've done is Amazing with more still to come :) you've got this
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    MEEE TOOO. Everything said here is me. I am 18 months out and have been at 170 - 175 for for months (like 8). My doctors goal for me was 140 my goal was 150 as of yet I have not hit either. I was on vacation and gained 5lbs I can feel the extra in my pants. So I am back on MFP to get back on track and lose those 20lbs. I know for me it is a back to the basics thing. My hunger is back so it is difficult to stay focused. Being on here helps me be accountable.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was bouncing back and forth between 131 and 134 for months, I'm thinking no big deal right?..WRONG!! All of a sudden I'm at 142.5 and it's not bouncing back down no matter what i do! Holy crap! Time to get my stuff in gear...
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all...2 1/2 years out of surgery and kinda lost focus. Time to get back into logging!!!
  • debhaley1
    debhaley1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I needed this - THANKS!!!! Age 52, Height 5'9", Surgery 4/14/14, HW340, SW 325, CW 209, want to be 180 doc wanted me at 160. I want to look and be healthy, not look anorexic. I got to 201 and have been bouncing around for over 6 months between 204-209.
    I too have gotten off track and need to get back on the program. I needed someone else to state the obvious apparently. Thanks for making me look at myself and my bad reappearing habits. Sometimes we all need a kick in the seat. Log, workout, log, workout eat great!!! Getting back on it!!
  • klh193
    klh193 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im right there with you. Been away from this board for a while now but after being 2 1/2 years out and gaining 20lbs over the past 8 months it time for me to get back on board. I kept asking myself what am I doing different.... and I feel like nothing is different, except sweet tea here and there, frozen coke here and there, chips & salsa quite regularly. But that is it, all this is things I had completely taken out of my diet. It is all sugar and sugar likes my body. So I come back to this site for accountability to myself, logging my food and seeing my intake.
    HW 265; SW 255; LW 155; CW 175..height 5'7". I've got to challenge myself now. We got this!
  • Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Boy can I relate. SW285, LW194, GW132, CW 211. I am back on track now, drinking water, low carb, tracking my intakes, getting some exercise. Hoping to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year, but realistically, would be happy to lose 26 pounds so I can finally say I lost 100 pounds. Sleeved on 8/18/14...I should have been a lot closer to my goal by now.