05/20 Friday Day 20 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
r25zdvd0i5hk.jpg

Pick one (or two!) moving activities today that you know you'll enjoy. Do what will make you happy! Tell us, whatcha got planned?

Alternative Challenge:
When you put on music don’t just SIT there. Get up and dance!

Replies

• MSJourneylog
    MSJourneylog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted :smiley: I'm going to dance today at least 30 minutes and I am going to do a bout of hot yoga :blush:
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I will be at a concert tonignt. Standing up and dancing the whole time.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Today is a day off for me. :) I'm going to get some plants out into my garden and then take a long walk on the bike path before the rain gets here.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I walked into work this morning and will walk back out to meet my husband. We are doing a loan closing in the afternoon, but I hope to get some more walking in later. Maybe, before or after dinner! Everyone have a great day!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,041 Member
    Options
    Dancing is one of my major moving activities! When I first started getting fit, my sister and I wanted to find an activity that was more active than merely going out to lunch and shopping. Thanks to our love of all things Jane Austen, we found English Country Dancing. Friday is often my dancing day, but today there is no class, so I'll have to be "dancing by myself."
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love to put on music and dance in my office, using my standing desk. I'll plan to do that a lot today!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think I may do the alternative challenge tonight...on the other hand, I'm getting a FitBit today, so I'm DYING to walk and see the step count go up!!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I really love reading what you all have got planned. It makes me so happy! I have no doubt you'll be infusing your days with more activity and less sitting long after this month is over. Yay!

Going out for a walk now!
  • mishavant82
    mishavant82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Work today (lots of steps) and swim tonight.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    On my walk today I got a preview of things to come. Sure, the berries are white now but come July they'll be blue!

h48nmpylqy52.jpeg
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,041 Member
    Options
    Oh my @themedalist - you have blueberries! That is pretty nifty!
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Earlier this week I 'put the bug' in a friend's ear, mentioning that the lilacs should be in bloom at the local garden area and we should visit. Because her schedule varies every day, I told her to let me know - but not having heard back, I figured I may not be going there this weekend. However she texted me before 8 this AM, wanting to go today. So we did.
    The lilac gardens are attached to hiking trails, so we just kept going, and in the end put in 5 miles hiking. Including up and down many steep hills. On some I was huffing and puffing, but in the end the hill climbing was really bothering my back, so I am glad that we got back to the starting point when we did. It was a really good outing - and hopefully the first of many.
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Sorry - posted above under the wrong date.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Went hiking with a friend. After driving so much yesterday this movement was very welcome. I was so glad that he went with me too, because in the past we enjoyed more sedentary activities (watching hockey games on tv, drinking at the bar, etc) and I'm worried about his health. He seems to be trying to live healthier too, which makes me happy. I want to be old and grey and surrounded by all my friends one day :sunglasses:
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I really would like a fitbit or a pedometer (I can't find mine). I feel it would be a great motivator to move more. I have been straightening and organizing as much as I can. It's a very slow process but I am moving.