Weight Loss

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
Hey...lost 37 lbs pre-op and had surgery 5 weeks ago tomorrow, but only have lost 11 lbs since. Does that seem normal?

My surgeon wants no activity outside of walking which I do when I walk the dog until 6 weeks out so 1 week to go. I also have not been able to tolerate meat, so most of my protein has come from soups (split pea, tomato, etc) with some crackers to add a little something. Been able to tolerate carbs the best, and also fish and eggs but don't eat fish daily..but do eat more eggs.

I figure my WL may not be as much as I was hoping due to my diet being very carb heavy..any thoughts? I reached out to my nutritionist about my inability to tolerate meat and she says it takes time. I really can't complain because since Nov 20th I am down 47.6 lbs...can't wait to hit 50 lbs. would love to hit between 55-60 by my bday on June 24th but not sure if I am being realistic or not.

On a happy note, I went shopping last weekend and this weekend to get a couple of new things and was so excited to buy a size 12 in jeans which I have not seen in about 10 years!! :)

Replies

• livynvegas
    livynvegas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am 16lbs down since operation last Monday but I am currently a size 26
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Thank you!! Congrats on your loss and getting through surgery! How are you feeling?
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Jen, what is your typical caloric intake? Protein and carbs? I was a super slow loser the first 10 weeks, then my body took off into hyperdrive. Keep doing the best you can, and as long as the scale/measurements continue in the right direction, don't sweat it too much. Every journey is as unique as every body. :smiley:
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I would say lately it is heavier carb and fat even though I try to get all of my protein in. Calories are about 1000-1,200 which is where my doc says I should ultimately be.

I have lost every week since I started this new journey on November 20th, so I definitely am not complaining but do suspect that once I am able to eat how I was before surgery (heavier on protein and less on carbs) that it will go faster. I am
    Just so excited to get to the end result! :)
  • DivineExquisite
    DivineExquisite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 3 weeks out of surgery and only lost 21 pounds. I can't see where it's come from but I'm happy. Hoping for tips
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @DivineExquisite please remove that nasty word, "only" from your vocabulary! :smiley: 21 pounds in three weeks is tremendous! It took a lot of years to get it on, so that pace coming off is great! I hadn't lost anywhere near that by three weeks!

Read through the boards, there's lots of great information. Anything you can't find, please ask!

Good luck!
  • char_barr
    char_barr Posts: 125 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This week has been my smallest # on the scale (-1.6lbs) - I am down 43 pounds total (15 pre op and 28 in the last 6 weeks since surgery). I am thankful to lose 43 pounds and finally have weeks losing rather than gaining! I am a bit bummed about the small loss this week, but in all actuality I moved less, and experimented with non healthy foods and wine. Correcting the path moving forward. It's a journey not a sprint.