New and would like to get this group active

Options
2»

Replies

• emdarling07
    emdarling07 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I think we can absolutely make this an active group again. How can we best support each other? I can start an email thread so we can contact each other outside MFP, or we can do daily/weekly posts and updates here. I'm anxious to here about how y'all are doing.
  • glacierlilly
    glacierlilly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Is there not a way to be notified when people post on the thread? I only came back to look when I saw your friend request emdarling07. Thanks for the connect btw. Maybe it's just a setting I need to change on my end, but if there is not a notification then we need to remind ourselves to look often at the thread. Maybe there is another way to stay connected and communicate.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Logging just keeps me more conscious of what I'm eating. It seems to help.
    Meditation helps reduce stress. Low level anxiety can cause troble for me, so keeping honest with myself is key too.

It nice to see many new people coming here lately. <3

The email thing could help! :)
  • glacierlilly
    glacierlilly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    the stress thing gets me too, when I'm having relationship stress I seem to deal with it via bulima. Not good. I so enjoy having other like-minded folks to talk to! Not glad you have ED but glad I'm not alone.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This can be a difficult site to be a part of when you have an eating disorder. I have had people unfriend me because of my food log and message me about my eating disorder (rudely, if I might say).

I've been on here since 2014 (the second time I joined) and it has been a help. I joined Weight Watchers for three months (it specifically asked if I suffered from Bulimia before allowing me to join...had to lie and say no) and recently returned here after it escalated my problems. It's hard to find a balance between disordered eating and calorie counting, that's for sure. When I found this group I was super excited but saddened when I saw it wasn't an active one. Stick together, girls!!!! :)
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Wow, sorry to hear about the rudeoids out there. Glad u are here!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I check often- I don't post here often, but I do post on my profile page frequently. I'm in recovery and getting into a stronger place of recovery each day. Feel free to add me. Love a supportive community, I, probably like you all, use MFP in a somewhat different way than most. It is a challenge, but I create ways to allow it support my needs while
    Trying hard to have it support any form of ED. It is fascinating when reading other people's posts or seeing others diaries how easily I can spot ED or at least disordered thoughts/behaviors. That helps me to catch my own too!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Glad you are here Mèrsie, and really happy to know you are recovering. I also see so much ED among the 'normal' community here at mfp. :o
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    A lot of people don't seem to realize that the way they calorie count/restrict is disordered!