05/24 Tuesday Day 24 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
1oynypu9gtom.jpg

Reflections: What's Working and What's Not?

Today's challenge is to review your last 3 weeks. What's working and what's not? Are you sitting less and is it become easier and more natural? If not, why not? What needs to change? If it's just drudgery for you, maybe it's time to shift gears and try another way to be less sedentary? Is your “One Thing” working out for you or do you need to focus on something else?

Alternative Challenge: Try learning an instrument or pick up one you haven’t played in a while. Most instruments you can play while dancing, walking, or standing! You can practice as much as you want throughout the day.

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well in the last week I've made progress with weight loss, and started doing a walk on a trail with my niece for 1 hour 15 mins. to 90 mins. I walk into and out of work Monday through Friday for a total of 30 minutes per day. I still need to get more exercise though. I have a gym membership and should start using it again. I also have lots of aerobic dvd's which I used to do, but haven't since I moved a year ago this month. I hope to start doing these again. Everyone have a great day!
  • loanacooper
    loanacooper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went backpacking over the weekend. It was my first time camping in a place I couldn't go with a car, and we set up our tent really near a waterfall! It was awesome. I'm slightly sore in some spots because I'm not used to walking several miles with a pack, but overall I feel great! All that walking really stretched out some muscles that are usually tense from sitting in my desk chair all day.
  • Lavamonstret
    Lavamonstret Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm outside and moving a lot more, problably mostly due to the wonderful weather we have. :)
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've become motivated by my Fitbit's feature of recording hours where I get at least 250 steps. You can set which hours you want to track (mine is set from 8am to 5pm). I feel a certain satisfaction when I get the "Green" for getting steps in each hour. And they add up!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying hearing your updates. Please keep them coming!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,946 Member
    Options
    Like you, @wigal23, my one thing (250 steps per hour) is a big help to getting more steps in and sitting less. Today is going to be tough because the lab is hopping. Now, I shall go get in my steps.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Like you, @wigal23, my one thing (250 steps per hour) is a big help to getting more steps in and sitting less. Today is going to be tough because the lab is hopping. Now, I shall go get in my steps.

It's very motivating to see it in black and white. Or green in this case. :smile: Good luck to you!
  • christihubbart
    christihubbart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My dryer broke so I have to take all the laundry out to dry on the line.
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been most successful at using my standing desk. Most of the time, I add music and bebop while working. My co-workers just smile and shake their heads when they walk by my office. :smiley:
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have been moving a lot more just because this month has been so busy. Lots of running around, organizing and walking. I have focused on moving more but I haven't needed to do my "one thing" to keep me moving. I think it's also because the weather is so nice right now.
    I hope this increase in activity leads to more. I would really like a fitbit or pedometer. Our 25th Anniversary is in June, so I should ask for that.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot more walking this month. I think I have doubled my steps per day on my fitbit since April. My struggle is first thing in the morning and right after dinner. In the morning, I can lose track of time while I catch up on the news, plan my day and enjoy a computer game or two. After dinner is similar. Maybe I need to set an alarm to limit the time.