Broken clavicle - Dressing came off today...

Options
cloggsy71
cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
Just thought I'd post an update...

vsl92nbqiizs.jpeg
0aat78qcmq8o.jpeg
kdrid0fsul28.jpeg

No stitches, so I'm guessing they've glued it?

Horizontal cut as opposed to vertical, due to the location of the fracture...

I'm now sponsored by Mecanno, So if you need and spare plates, brackets or screws, gimme a shout ;)

Replies

• narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Looks like it is healing well? I have no idea but don't see any oozing so take that as a good sign B)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    they appear to have made a pretty neat job of closing up at least... No X-Ray shots ? That's when it starts looking interesting (it's also an idea to have a copy as proof in case you start setting airport metal detectors off ;) )
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    No X-Ray shots?

No, unfortunately not - not yet anyway... Hospital were really funny when I asked about copies; said I had to write to the hospital & they were £20 each :/

Seeing the Surgeon on 18th May - I will ask then... Even if I just take pictures on my phone...
    it's also an idea to have a copy as proof in case you start setting airport metal detectors off ;)

Hadn't thought of that :D
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    take it from the man that had 3 plates in his pelvis and a 19" steel rod down his femur, it's a good idea. The "handheld scanner" routine was always a little "spinal tapp"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBwly6Qa5oo

(without the cucumber, I hasten to add...)
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Looks like Frankensteins shoulder, that should heal nicely though,
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    looks a lot neater than Frank Schlecks recent repair job... (or his previous one, if you look at the "zipper" on the other side...)

y0xqfa4bzai2.jpg

• cloggsy71
    Options
    looks a lot neater than Frank Schlecks recent repair job... (or his previous one, if you look at the "zipper" on the other side...)

y0xqfa4bzai2.jpg

Ouch!
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    The before shots...

4beqmeyj2a8j.jpeg
    npu2hmx9u1ef.jpeg
    3feyq32w8p6k.jpeg
    bpccv6poae84.jpeg
    bgtqdpmmbg15.jpeg
    meizwb7ek9gp.jpeg
    hcv4ui2fgpv5.jpeg
    232sbsmile3o.jpeg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I love the "This One" smiley face and arrow... Last thing you want is them carving across the wrong shoulder...

remember when they were "pulling my leg" (stretching a break with the ilzarov cage treatment) they STILL had lots of arrows and "this side" markers painted in indelible purple on there every time I went into theater to have the leg broke, stretched and allowed to re-set. As if the 2 foot of heavy duty meccano bolted into the leg around my thigh and knee weren't sufficient to denote the correct orientation...

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Well - mine is practically nothing after all these pictures. Put my front teeth through my lip on Sunday which is healing up nicely. I'm just glad I didn't hurt my bike. Now, if the front teeth nerves don't die, I'll be really happy.

• Jakess1971
    Options
    Sheez this threads horrific! Hope you all heal up nicely, the dark side of cycling!
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't set the airport detectors off, even the handheld wands on high barely get a reading.

Also the scar is going to spread a little, it wont stay that thin, prob end up half inch wide or so. Get some bio-oil on it when it's healed enough and apply it regularly.

Make sure you do your physio, the pendulum might seem pointless but we recommend it for a reason lol
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    Sheez this threads horrific! Hope you all heal up nicely, the dark side of cycling!

LOL you wait, I'll post a photo this evening from my bike crash 2 Septembers ago. It's so bad I'll spoiler tag it cuz it's that gruesome. And a head wound, no less.... :grimace:
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This was after riding through the neighborhood going maybe 15-20mph, had a cat dart out from a storm drain right in front of me. Swerved, hit the curb, did an endo over the bars, faceplant into a landscape wall. Snapped my fork at the head tube.
    zch907b2sohn.jpg
    82iznywhgnu1.jpg

Plastic surgeon did an excellent job, especially considering the amount of damage. Now you have to come real close to see the scar but it's there, luckily right through my brow. My scalp is still numb in a few places and when I run my finger over the scar, I feel nerve sensations trigger all the way back near the crown of my head. Most of the nerves grew back but not all. Crazy
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Ouch! Yeh that's pretty horrific!
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Great pics!! The Happy face/ arrows remind me of when the surgeon walked in for my follow up. Grabbed my right arm, raised it and asked me how it felt. I told him okay, but that he'd worked on my left. Guess we need happy faces for follow ups too.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    Ouch! Yeh that's pretty horrific!

Seconded!