Buddy System!

Options
emdarling07
emdarling07 Posts: 24 Member
I want to get some feedback from you guys.
How would you feel if our active members were to buddy up for support and accountability?

I've been through every therapy under the sun, and having a dedicated buddy was a very powerful recovery tool!
I miss having someone to help me overcome/listen about my ED thoughts.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love the idea!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I've never been in any type of therapy for my ED and I have no one in my real-life who knows about it. :)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Yes, seems it could be a great help. :)
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I'm in a fairly strong place of recovery. Just trucking along!
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! Feel free to add
  • emdarling07
    emdarling07 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Perfect! I'm going to start a sign-up sheet for more active members! That way we can start a facebook group too! I think this would be a perfect way to keep in touch, as it's hard to be active here :) Can't wait to get to know you ladies better!
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think this will be very helpful. There are many people on MFP who are using the calorie counter as a tool to continue the anorexia/ED cycle. Maybe if they do come across this group and see other people's recovery, they might want to reach out for some help.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Yep, calorie counting doesn't mean much other than tracking calories. That could be 300 per day or 10,000 per day, Right?
  • morcadioa
    morcadioa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Perfect! I'm going to start a sign-up sheet for more active members! That way we can start a facebook group too! I think this would be a perfect way to keep in touch, as it's hard to be active here :) Can't wait to get to know you ladies better!

Hi, are you still doing this? If so I'd like to be added please x
  • achen572
    achen572 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want to get some feedback from you guys.
    How would you feel if our active members were to buddy up for support and accountability?

I've been through every therapy under the sun, and having a dedicated buddy was a very powerful recovery tool!
    I miss having someone to help me overcome/listen about my ED thoughts.

What are your thoughts?

Hi! If you are still doing this, I would like to participate.
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    IF you guys are still doing this I would really like to be apart of it :)