Workout Plans, Macro structure and more!

Options
andrewq6100
andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Hey guys, so I thought it would help maybe with motivation and also accountability if we listed our workout plan(s) for the next 6 weeks, and also our calorie-macro structure and what we are going to be aiming form. It will be really cool to see what everyone is really working with behind the scenes, and also share some tips and tricks to what helps YOU throughout the day, and with your goal.

Any changes to my diet and supplements I will post here.

Me personally I am doing Kris Gethins 4 week to shred but i'm going to extend it due to slacking off the 1st week of the program (bad habit of mine LOL). A lot of intense dropsets and 40 min cardio 2 times a day (if time allows of course) Being a father and working full time makes the dream of being a bodybuilder pretty tough, but we manage!

Currently for supplements i'm taking fish oil daily, glucosamine for wrist and joint support, multi vitamin, BPI BCAAS for recovery intra workout, muscle tech nitro protein, and something called skullcrusher for pre-workout.

My calorie goal right now for weeks 1-3 is going to be 2100 with 230G protein, between 130-100 grams of carbs and fats around 50-60 grams. Weeks 3-6 i'm not sure yet..but i'll let you know :pensive:

I am currently a 193.5 and about 16.5% bodyfat, goal is to drop about 1.5 or 2lbs a week and really shed that bodyfat, while hoping keeping lean muscle mass which the 2 scoops of protein a day will help. I don't think i'll get to 12 or 13% bf by week 6 but hopefully i'll be close! Not even sure if I have a goal weight but I'll say 180-185, don't want to get to low cause then my body starts looking weird.

Replies

• pmason79
    pmason79 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @andrewq6100 ^^ sounds intense.

Not so technical but I'm going for a 5x5 strength program called stronglifts on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday . I'm on a 1000 calories a day deficit hoping for 1kg a week weight loss. I'm struggling to hit my lifts at the moment, Im hitting a 137.5kg squat but I feel tired and drained quite a bit of the time. I'm trying to eat really clean proteins and carbs with 1 cheat meal generally at the weekend or when it suits. I'm not sure what my macros should be but they are set to 40C 40P 20F. I seem to be coming close to target without really trying. No cardio outside of cycling to and from work, which is a 14 mile round trip. Which I do 7 days out of 14 I work a rolling 12hr shift pattern over 14 days.

I think that's all.

I'm considering stopping the 5x5 or at least not adding any weight and just maintain theses numbers whilst dropping body fat.

What do you think?

• andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    this seems like a nice structured plan overall, so with you struggling hitting the lifts, is it the energy that is a factor or just not enough strength or kind of a compilation of both? I know on my first few days of this program I'm on my strength was rather low compared to the other days due to not hitting my cal / macro intake for the day and also not enough sleep. If the stronglifts isn't working try starting with like a hypertropthy phase of lighter weight and 10-12 reps to really build that endurance, and keep rests at 30 secs if possible. It took me a good 4/5 weeks of hypertrophy to finally be at a comfortable area where I can do 4 sets of 5 really heavy weights, good form, and still feel like it was a good workout without feeling dead. Do you take any supplements or a pre-workout at all?
  • MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    So far, my exercise regimen is simply going to work. I'm an electrician/handyman by day and a custodian part time in the evenings, so, mildly to very active depending on what I'm doing during the day. Took me two hours today to dig the remains of a rotted off fence post, set in concrete, out of the ground. Then I set the new post and rails. Didn't have time for the pickets.

My daily calorie target is 2200. This is 500 calories less than my maintenance will be at 220# (ultimate goal) if I am sedentary. I have no idea how much larger my deficit due to activity actually is. Macros I just changed back to 55% fats, 25% protein and 20% carbs. I just couldn't hit 30% protein without limiting my food choices too much and forcing myself to eat larger quantities of lean meats than I was actually hungry for.
  • Meesamoop
    Meesamoop Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @pmason I did Strong Lifts 5x5 for about four months, really enjoyed that program. It was a good way for me to move from using the weight machines to using free weights.

I have found though, that if I don't switch up my workout routine I get bored. I'm now doing HIIT using videos I find on YouTube. I figure that if my muscles are sore the day after a workout then I'm on the right track.

My macros are currently 30C 35P 35F with a 500 cal/day deficit. I just recently got a Fitbit Blaze which tracks my daily caloric burn and tells me how many calories I can eat for the day based on that day's burn. The Fitbit syncs with my MFP food diary. Prior to that I was using the TDEE calculator to figure out what my daily caloric intake should be.
  • pmason79
    pmason79 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Meesamoop wrote: »
    @pmason I did Strong Lifts 5x5 for about four months, really enjoyed that program. It was a good way for me to move from using the weight machines to using free weights.

I have found though, that if I don't switch up my workout routine I get bored. I'm now doing HIIT using videos I find on YouTube. I figure that if my muscles are sore the day after a workout then I'm on the right track.

My macros are currently 30C 35P 35F with a 500 cal/day deficit. I just recently got a Fitbit Blaze which tracks my daily caloric burn and tells me how many calories I can eat for the day based on that day's burn. The Fitbit syncs with my MFP food diary. Prior to that I was using the TDEE calculator to figure out what my daily caloric intake should be.

Don't get me wrong I still love the simplicity of stronglifts and if my calories were positive I'd still be making progress. I just think on a 1000 calorie deficit the best I can ask for is to maintain current lifts as long I don't start stalling on what I've already lifted I should be able to keep the muscle I have built ( which at the moment is very well hidden I might add).

I really don't want to stop SL until I max out. I'll see how it goes.

Paul