Amazing Race Phase 3

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
This is the third installment in our amazing Race challenge. If you did not get all the miles in last week, You can finish up and then join us in this next leg of the race.
We are heading to Jamaica which is 438 miles on this phase. I have two Road challenges this week. One is a Jamaican Reggae Routine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udVy1orWkVI
and for others with not as great moves like me I have a Yoga
Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLGJgUMxhI

You can do both but you get credit for only one. This is worth 25 pts.

Food challenge. 10 pts
Jamaica Cuisine Some 1,000 tons of coffee were exported in 2014. Almost all of Jamaica's Blue Mountain coffee was sold to the Japanese, who were willing to pay top prices. Jamaica produced a number of other traditional export crops such as cocoa (derived from the cacao plant), tobacco, coconuts, pimento, and ginger. Jamaican spices include allspice, curry cinnamon. Make one Jamaican inspired dish such as jerk chicken. Yum.

Our extra credit challenge this week will be based on Rest or sleep 10 pts. I want you to find 20 min three days this week where you rest. No tv , music just shutting your eyes . Take a long warm bath, take in a cat nap, Meditation is okay and highly suggested.

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @Melodieccurn, Can you please clarify the food challenge for this week? And what is the extra credit for the challenge consist of?
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You mentioned the cacao plant, will using cacao powder in one of my smoothie recipes count for the nutritional challenge?
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You mentioned the cacao plant, will using cacao powder in one of my smoothie recipes count for the nutritional challenge?

Yes!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    So, I take baths to relax whenever I get the chance. However, I am always using my iPod to play games, surf the net, etc. This is the first time that I forced myself to do absolutely nothing for that 20 minutes. I did have some relaxing music playing on my iPod instead, but was wanting to fall asleep!! LOL. That was such a struggle to not do anything for that amount of time. I wonder if it gets easier when you try it more?? :smiley:
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oh yes - cat naps and yoga. I've been fighting a cold and that's been about it for me the past few days, guess I'm not as far behind as I expected to find myself. Will try that yoga routine today before work. I've been doing a 30 min stretch n awaken routine when I get up. Change will do me good.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When will you have the phase 4 up for the race?
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    When will you have the phase 4 up for the race?

I have been thinking the same thing.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Now it got me thinking.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think @melodieccurn is trying to get over a bug, I'm sure it'll be up soon! :)
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I used plantains for the food challenge, added them to an asparagus sauteed. It was okay. I used the other half by itself for breakfast topped with allspice, cinnamon some powdered sugar, much better.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I made a jamaican banana bread recipe - rum flavor, lime and coconut in it - delicious!