Fitbit friends

Options
Any fitbit users up for daily, weekend or week challenges? I find it helps me to get up and move more.

Replies

• jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'd love Fitbit friends. My IRL friends have been doing Fitbit so long they aren't into challenges anymore, but I want to do some. Please send me a message and we can exchange email addresses.
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit & the challenges! Feel free to message me & we'll exchange email! :)
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I sent you both my email :)
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't think I got the message :/ I'll try to message you:)
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to msg me your emails too! Recently got a fitbit :D
  • arlenestrohmaier
    Options
    I've tried to send you ladies a message and then I sent a friend request with a message. Hopefully it works one way or another. Let me know :smiley:
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    Arlene, I saw it pop up as an alert, but it disappeared from my mobile app...? I will log on to PC this afternoon to see if I can locate it.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread as I'd love to add some friends. I just got a Fitbit today.
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    Jenn, send me a private message with your email address, and I'll add you as a friend. Arlene, Tata, and I do challenges together. KRCE has joined in a few times, too.

Yay for your Fitbit!!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Message sent :smile:
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really want to buy a fit bit, but there are so many I don't know where to start. Any advice?
  • arlenestrohmaier
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex, its basic, but tracks steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep, and lights up to show your goal progress. The app on my phone is great for checking in and seeing my progress for the day especially when in a challenge with friends :smiley: I also like changing my wrist bands to match whatever i'm wearing. I think Jess and Tara have the next ones up from the flex.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit. I am up for challenges
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    I can't afford a fitbit right now, so I have ordered a Xiaomi MiBand. Hopefully it will do the job.
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    OhMsDiva, send Arlene or me your email address, and we'll add you as friends and to our challenges. We, BigChangeNeeded, and Tata do challenges almost weekly. :)

===

I have the Fitbit Alta. It's basically a newer version of the Flex but with a screen to show steps, calories burned, active minutes and phone notifications. The only complaint I've heard is that it doesn't have an altimeter, but I didn't really care about measuring floors climbed since I live in super flat Texas in a one-story home. :) I do like that the Alta auto-detects exercise longer than 10 minutes and auto-detects when you fall asleep. However, it doesn't count steps very accurately when pushing a stroller or shopping cart. The version that clips to your bra or pocket measures those steps better, according to a walking buddy.
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit now too. :) excited for challenges and stuff
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    Rob, send me a message, and I'll add you to our Fitbit challenges. I see that you walk a lot, so you're gonna give us a run (walk?) for our money. :)
  • whittmoo
    whittmoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    looking for more friends to add to my fitbit list for motivation and encouragement
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    I have a FitBit Flex now as the MiBand was so inaccurate it was useless. My email is clarissa_cld@hotmail.com if anyone wants to add me.
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Jess neither the app on android or the website on my laptop allow me to send any messages :( I do want to join in though...