New to the group.

Options
caitytribble
caitytribble Posts: 1 Member
Hello. I am 27 years old. I suffer from Ankylosing Spondylitis and Fibromyalgia. I'm trying to lose about 120 lbs. With no luck. I eat healthy, exercise when I'm able to. I try to at least use my gazelle 10 minutes a day, and I do stretches, with nothing to show for it. However, Some days I am bed ridden....sometimes I'm bed ridden for weeks do to the pain. I'm becoming discouraged and overwhelmed. If anyone has any tips, that would be amazing.

Replies

• CaliVictoria
    CaliVictoria Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you. You have made a great step joining MFP. Logging your food intake is such an important step toward regaining some control when you feel like you're losing it. I also have an inflammatory arthritis as well as disc herniations. The pain can be unbearable at times. Did I mention steroids? Well yeah! Not conducive to weight loss. However, I have lost 40 pounds over the last 2+ years. I still have 20+ to go but Knowing that initial 40 lbs is gone has really helped how I feel about myself. It has taken a really long time but there are also great obstacles. Just log your heart out faithfully. You will find things you need to change in your diet and the number of calories that will help you reach your goal. I won't lie. It takes a very concerted effort. But this time next year you will be better off regarding your weight. One year ahead rather than behind. Just keep going. You can do this!
    E❤️
  • ricknsmca
    ricknsmca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have chronic knee pain in both knees. Had 3 replacements in left knee and need one on right knee. I have had 11 neck surgeries to include fusions, laminectomy's , and debridements. I also had an aortic valve replacement in my heart. With all these you would maybe think of giving up. I didn't and have joined a Water Aerobics group that I go to 5 days a week now. It has helped me re-focus going forward. I have lost 21 pounds in 12 weeks. I have positive things to look forward to which helps me deal with chronic pain better.
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to go Rick!