Sample Recovery Meal Plan :)

Options
Hi all! I was looking through some old journals from when I was in treatment, and found my old meal plan. It's the meal plan I used to maintain at my body's natural set point until I started doing intuitive eating. Just thought I'd post it here (along with my notes) in case anyone could use a rough guide to go off of! :)
~~~~
what my maintenance meal plan is generally supposed to be:
2 Proteins (~20 grams of protein per serving, i’m vegetarian so i get this through tofu, soy, cheese, beans, etc)
3 Milks (dairy products)
7 Breads (grains)
2 Vegetables
4 Fruits (whole fruit, juice, fruit snacks, occasionally regular soda or also syrup flavoring like in a latte or frappucino)
4 Fats (peanut butter, mayo, butter, dressing, whipped cream, etc)
1 Dessert

this can be flexible, as in i could change a fruit to a fat (but not the other way around, because the fats are there to make sure you get enough fat in your diet to function optimally). i could also change a bread to a milk, or a milk to a bread. and if i was having a hard time, i could substitute an ensure for 1M, 1B, and 1Fr. and there are combination foods, like for example two slices of pizza with meat would be 2B, 1P, and 1Fa. add veggies to that pizza and it would count for a veg as well. :) or, egg salad is 1P and 1Fa. a hot chocolate with whipped cream is 1M, 1Fr, 1Fa. for alcohol… (haha, hey, i’m young!) a serving of a hard liquor or of wine would be 1Fr, a beer would be 1B.
~~~

If anyone has any questions or anything, let me know! Hope this is helpful to someone.

Replies

• bblinzinger
    bblinzinger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you think a person needs to get professional help to over come binge eating.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Not always. I hear it helps some people.