Mental Check In

Options
Hi friends. I wanted to check in with you and see how we are all doing mentally. Weight loss, or lack thereof, can really bring on big emotions. How are you all doing on your journey?
I was feeling quite frustrated and starting to slip. I got a bit of a stomach bug for a few days and although it was HORRIBLE I have come back more positive. It was a good reset and I have more energy, stamina, and determination.
My husband is going to help me with some weight training today. I hope you are doing well. I am rooting for each and everyone of you. You all inspire me more than you know.
Let's get more fit this week!!!!

Replies

• FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Karen! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you are feeling so much better. I had a challenging 10 days or so, but I'm here! You, too, are an inspiration.
  • jaxbella14
    jaxbella14 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all - decided to start fresh today with husband going back to work tomorrow as the STRIKE is over after 7 long weeks. So hopefully this will help us both to get down and dirty in this losing together journey. At least I feel the mindset is there now!
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good for your husband. I wish him the best. Great that you are taking advantage of a situation and using it to start fresh. Best of luck with the eating plan!
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I used to watching cooking shows - really super bad idea.
    Now I watch fitness shows - Strong, American Grit, American Ninja Warrior, and now....Extreme Weight Loss. Folks, what I learn from EWL is this - how each person got to their lowest emotional/spiritual point was how they got to their heaviest/most unfit state. What I get from each of these journeys is the reinforcement of tools I ALREADY HAVE to get in the best shape of my life.

***I am worth it.
    ***I am able.
    ***God created me and the opportunity for me to live an amazing life - it is up to me to
    embrace it.
    ***At 54 years old, my life has just begun!

From all the shows, I get ideas for variety in my workouts and how to use the outdoors and what I already have to make working out FUN! :smiley: