Confessions

Options
2»

Replies

• atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I had two snack sized bags of lays, and two snack sized bags of Doritos nacho cheese today. I didn't have much else today, so I'm still under my calories, and it fit my macros
  • MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this really counts as a confession, as I'm not feeling guilty over it. I ate a donut this morning. My blood sugar was a bit over 100 this am (107), probably due in part to climbing in bed and collapsing into sleep before I put my cpap mask on. So I did the "donut trick". Sure enough, three hours later my glucose was under 90. Of course this pretty well hosed my macros for today. To get back into specs I would need to eat 2 brats, 3eggs, a protein shake, 2 small carb balance tortillas and 3TBS of butter, just because. I don't plan to eat two more meals without any fruit or veggies included, so my net carbs will just have to be a bit high today.
  • LOCKESTER049
    LOCKESTER049 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My weakness is cheese puffs, my family is not aloud to buy them. I see a bag, and it starts wispering to me that they are not bad. Then I catch myself throwing the empty bag away. ***They should be band from the food chain.*** Just venting. Lol
  • atrosper
    Options
    Kind of a confession but I have a reason behind it. I donated blood today and 5 hey highly recommend staying for 15 minutes after and having a snack. So I had a rice Krispy treat, 4 pack of Oreos and 6 chocolate covered donuts. I regret nothing. Then I figured I needed something a little more substantial so I stopped off at In n out burger for a burger. I am known for doing too much after donating and then passing out, mainly due to being slightly anemic, so as soon as I am done eating my burger, I am going home and staying home for the rest of the night.
  • MarkusDarwath
    Options
    My day got skewed when I got up. Had to be at my part time job at 7am. I normally have worked evenings, and I take my daughter to school and pick her up so I don't get up until after 8. Well, school's out now so my schedule is shifting, but I just couldn't get up early enough this am to make myself breakfast. Grabbed a banana on the way out the door and a bacon, egg, cheese biscuit sandwich at my favorite convenience store. Finished p.t. job at 10 and got called for handyman work as I was getting home. Worked until after 3p with only a couple ounces of turkey lunch meat and small handful of cashews to eat in between jobs. At a large protein heavy meal trying to get back on ratio, but then went for frozen custard with the wife and kids (I did at least get the 'no sugar added' kind). Got home and played a board game with the family, with snacks at the table. Shot all chance of staying within calorie or net carb targets, so now I'm going to just have a bologna sandwich and some peanut butter, because I want it. Overall, I could have done much worse today. I honestly don't think I even hit maintenance calories, especially after working hard, twice.
    Just checked my blood sugar. At 135, it's about where I would expect after eating some carbs, but not through the roof, so, onward. Tomorrow is a new day.

• pmason79
    pmason79 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've I had a diet black out. I've back and forth to the hospital with my mum. To be honest I've made no effort to eat right. Brownie slices from the hospital cafe ,fried chicken on the way home and chocolate in between. I've lost all motivation at the moment. Im visiting again tomorrow and then I'm back to work Monday. Hopefully I can pick up again then. Wish me luck.
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    pmason79 wrote: »
    I've I had a diet black out. I've back and forth to the hospital with my mum. To be honest I've made no effort to eat right. Brownie slices from the hospital cafe ,fried chicken on the way home and chocolate in between. I've lost all motivation at the moment. Im visiting again tomorrow and then I'm back to work Monday. Hopefully I can pick up again then. Wish me luck.

I am so sorry about your mother's illness. I know it is important that we take care of our health, but sometimes dieting just isn't the priority when we are in the midst of family situations. Hope your mother feels better soon and that you have a better week.
  • atrosper
    Options
    I was traveling all day, and I just couldn't stay on track. I basically ate out all day, and tracked almost all of it, but was still way over my calorie goal.
  • MarkusDarwath
    Options
    I was over my calorie target by more than half for Saturday. Went to visit friends and had tacos for dinner. Was also out of ratio on macros. Net carbs were 27% and quite a bit over in grams. On the plus side, I did exceed my protein and fiber targets. MFP estimates that if I ate like this daily I'd gain about a pound per week... possibly not too far off. Have to behave for Sunday, as Monday brings a holiday meal.
  • LoveLifeLiveHealthy
    LoveLifeLiveHealthy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Coffee has been my weakness , it is a comfort food for me. It reminds me of sitting around the family table visiting about our day. It has been really wet and cold here this week, which depresses me, so I have turned to coffee. I know coffee is not bad for you but I can't drink it without flavored creamers, which are VERY bad for you. Of course the creamer I like is high in calories/sugar/fat and when I actually measured out how much I use per drink, it is about 1/4 of a cup!!! I love tea, which is so much healthier, but it doesn't provide me with the comfort the coffee does :neutral:
  • MarkusDarwath
    Options
    Check out my food diary and see how a guy can eat more than two day's worth of food in one! This is gonna take until Friday to get back to where I was Sat. am. :)
  • LoveLifeLiveHealthy
    LoveLifeLiveHealthy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Check out my food diary and see how a guy can eat more than two day's worth of food in one! This is gonna take until Friday to get back to where I was Sat. am. :)

Stay positive and kudos for getting back on track.
  • MarkusDarwath
    Options
    Ain't no thing. I just have to keep myself from getting in the habit of going off the rails every weekend. Can't make any progress if every week is spent just undoing weekend damage. (yes, been there-done that, before)
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    had some pizza this weekend, was much needed after hitting some real low carb days T_T, also just had a Hershey bar..so good!
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    i just had a bad weekend over all i dislike weekends
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ugh... Oatmeal cookies!
  • ToniD923
    ToniD923 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Last week had my sister came in from out of town to celebrate my birthday. Although I stayed with the workouts, birthday cake was definitely my down fall. I have been so good staying away from sugar, no candy and no juices .... What a mistake to have cake because then it was in the house to have all week with no will power not to have it. I'm finally feeling motivated to bounce back but it was a hard week with food. Lost 14 lbs went back up 4lbs and today finally broke even... So 14 lbs it is since Feb and we begin again. Urgh
  • Laura_Jean_76
    Laura_Jean_76 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Weekends with the husband and kids being home, then at night when I get the kids to sleep. Just something about those I have a hard time with. I do great during the day.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Last night I had four double stuffed oreo cookies :(
  • MarkusDarwath
    Options
    Yesterday morning I had a very high carb breakfast that really threw my ratios off for the day, then last night I ended up giving in to a binge feeding after I completed my diary for the day, and I did not log it. Oddly, the scale does not seem to think I ran myself off target as far as weight. Perhaps I had a bigger deficit than I thought due to work activity.