Inspiration

Options
pmason79
pmason79 Posts: 93 Member
Hi all.

I was thinking about starting a thread that we can turn to when we need a bit of a lift. Some where to come and reflect and recharge our motivation. So please post whatever it is that you find inspiring, be it stories of success, quotes, your own thoughts or pictures. The trick is just to share... So how about we fill this baby up with pure positivity.

I'll kick it off with this. .

Every journey, no matter how far must begin with a single step.

Bless you all and please get involved x

Replies

• MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What started me on MFP was a feeling like I was inquiring of a giant girl named Alice, with regard to diabetes and the medication I've been taken. For those not familiar with the song "White Rabbit" by Grace Slick, I give you some lyrics in explanation.

"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
    and the ones your mother doctor gives you, don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall.."
  • sureitstime
    sureitstime Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am the sort who looks down the long road filled with all sorts of imaginary obstacles and excuses as to why I will fall off the wagon.

This time I have learned the trick of keeping my head down and looking at just the next step, next decision I have to make and let the future take care of itself!
  • hollytrolly91
    hollytrolly91 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a daily motivational quote app, not directly related to weight loss/fitness, but I like to apply them to my weight loss journey.

Today's quote:
    Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned
  • sureitstime
    sureitstime Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a daily motivational quote app, not directly related to weight loss/fitness, but I like to apply them to my weight loss journey.

Today's quote:
    Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned

How apt!
  • pmason79
    Options
    "Life is like a box of chocolates"..... why does every thing have to revolve around food lol
  • LoveLifeLiveHealthy
    LoveLifeLiveHealthy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "The decision to be positive is not one that disregards or belittles the sadness that exists. It is rather a conscious choice to focus on the good and to cultivate genuine happiness. Happiness is not a limited resource. When we devote our energy and time to trivial matters and choose to stress over things that ultimately are insignificant, from that point, we perpetuate our own sadness and lose sight of the things that really make us happy and rationalize our way out of doing amazing things." -Christopher Aiff-
    I read this daily. It inspires me to be grateful for everyday I am given, to be amazing and do amazing things, to live life. It is a reminder that not everyone gets that opportunity and not to waste mine.
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My son is inspiring me. I want to be an energized mom, and I don't want to pass along unhealthy habits. Also, I want to be back to my "wedding weight" by my tenth anniversary.
  • ToniD923
    ToniD923 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.”

― Saint Jerome
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    one of my biggest inspirations aside from my family is the everyday changes I see to my body. It makes me want to hustle so much harder and stay even more hungry when I notice my body reacting positively. I make sure to find inspiration in every day things to ensure I don't loose track of why and what I am doing.
  • HarperAnn6
    Options
    one of my biggest inspirations aside from my family is the everyday changes I see to my body. It makes me want to hustle so much harder and stay even more hungry when I notice my body reacting positively. I make sure to find inspiration in every day things to ensure I don't loose track of why and what I am doing.

This is great, andrew6100. Unfortunately, I have the opposite reaction to progress: as soon as I start to look better and feel better, I lose motivation. I think, "well, my clothes fit, so I can eat more now." I know it is weird, but it is part of my weight issue. Going to try to push beyond this feeling this time around. No more self-sabotage!
  • MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    HarperAnn6 wrote: »
    This is great, andrew6100. Unfortunately, I have the opposite reaction to progress: as soon as I start to look better and feel better, I lose motivation. I think, "well, my clothes fit, so I can eat more now." I know it is weird, but it is part of my weight issue. Going to try to push beyond this feeling this time around. No more self-sabotage!

Maybe you could try buying some great new clothes in the next size down before they actually quite fit. Might be a good motivator when those new pants you got won't be comfortable until you shed another inch or two.

• pmason79
    Options
    Think of today as another chance to get it right!
  • sigsigsputnik
    sigsigsputnik Posts: 37 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    [quote=

ann, i agree. maintenance over a longer period is the far bigger challenge than shedding the pounds. it has somerhing to do with permanent lifestyle changes, learning to deal with stres in different ways etc pp. in effect, one needs to work on the underlying causes of the weight gain.
    this is harder then providing a short term fix. guess that's probably a topic for another long-term challenge.
  • LoveLifeLiveHealthy
    LoveLifeLiveHealthy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real today!! Trying to dig deep to focus on the good. Trying to focus on gratitude. I am grateful for this group and having a safe place to share my thoughts. Thank you.
  • LOCKESTER049
    LOCKESTER049 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Comfort to me is looking my children in the eyes, and knowing what I am doing is for there future. To see them graduate, walk my daughter's down the isle, and play outside with there kids. "I don't want to say to them daddy can't because I was to lazy now."
  • HarperAnn6
    edited May 2016
    Options

Maybe you could try buying some great new clothes in the next size down before they actually quite fit. Might be a good motivator when those new pants you got won't be comfortable until you shed another inch or two.

Great idea! Thank you! So far, I'm hanging on to a twenty-five pound loss. I've got twenty-five more to go, so I need to get in gear. I just can't be complacent.

Other than being healthy for my son, one thing that really does help me stay inspired and motivated is listening to weight loss podcasts. It really doesn't matter which ones. I listen to them as I was dishes or clean the house. It helps create a positive weight loss atmosphere in my home, and it is hard to nibble in the kitchen when a weight loss podcast is playing!
  • ToniD923
    ToniD923 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keep your goals in front of you and your fears behind you.
    - Tony Robbins