Greetings and my situation.

Options
PalmBayPam
PalmBayPam Posts: 4 Member
I was looking for a group that may give me support and encouragement and I will do like wise. I an a 57 year old with fibromyalgia / knee injury and / torn achilles tendon...with the mind and of a 35 yr old. I am trapped in this over weight in terrible pain body. I weigh 317 lbs (on my scale) more on the doctors scale.
My husband has lost 40 lbs counting calories and is counting his steps. I can not do the same physical activity and I am very discouraged. It all I can do to clean the house. I am not even suppose to be on my feet. (scream) I made a commitment today to really count the calories but the exercise is a challenge. Thank you for letting me vent. I love to cook so I will also be posting my recipes if your interested. I am also interested in any ways other have found to lighted their recipes. Thank you!

Replies

• e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50 but trapped as well. I have RA and some other things but I'm keeping it short. All I can do is clean my house too. Somehow a couple hours feels pretty darn hard. Anyhow, in 2 years I've lost 40lbs. I still need to lose 20 or 30 more and I've not budged but I'm better weight wise than I was 2 years ago. So persistence is really all I can suggest along with logging your food consistently. Next year this time you will feel better about yourself looking back but you need to do it now! Best wishes! Evette❤️
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've been able to change things, for the better, with a low carb high fat way of eating!

Check out this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10292762/chronic-pain-and-low-carb-high-fat#latest

I've not been able to exercise, regularly, but consider myself a success after changing what i eat!
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am really sorry to hear about your situation. I have had fibromyalgia since I was a baby, became bedridden at age 15, in a wheelchair half the time (the other half was in bed) at 18, started to walk more at 21 years old, and now I am able to walk more regularly. I am currently in treatment and slowly getting better. If you want to message me to chat, please feel free to do so.