Plant based diets

Options
jjrichard83
jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
This is for like-minded individuals to discuss and share the pros & cons of plant based diets.

Replies

• zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This is for like-minded individuals to discuss and share the pros & cons of plant based diets.

I cant' think of any cons for a plant based diet.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    We'll need to build this group up eh? lol.

The one con that I keep hearing is B12 & Protein. also the two most annoying ones. You are right though, there is no real con that I can think of...

Although I have incorporated cheat days (not really cheat, but days where I will increase calorie intake) to assist with fat loss, which is working fairly well so far...
  • zonah
    Options
    Yes B12 can be found in spirulina some of the healthy yeast you can buy from health food stores. I'm new to this and have had some great health benefits but also some funny things which I think are detox symptoms. I'll try to invite some people to the group.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been vegetarian for two+ years and have been doing clean eating and transitioning into veganism for the past month. I look forward to chatting more about this topic with y'all
  • zonah
    Options
    Welcome Allibaba thanks for joining.
  • rawroy
    rawroy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've went from juicing to raw food to vegan to low fat plant based for about 1.5 years now. If anyone needs motivation, add me so you can see my progress and diary. I rarely get on the forums. I'm also on instagram as raw.roy
  • margaritadiamantopulos9
    Options

Been vegan for about 8 months now loving it lost almost 30lbs pros you can eat as much as you want of the right plant based foods cons everyone else should go vegan lol
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Please add me...i've gone plant based since Sept 2015! I love it and never want to go back to my old ways!
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Transitioning to vegan HCLF diet right now. I was always trying to keep carbs low, I even tried a ketogenic diet one time and felt terrible the entire time. I can't believe how good I feel eating plants!! Definitely better than on low carb.
  • mercedesalden
    mercedesalden Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please add me I am trying to lose weight and have more energy
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Anyone around?