Fellow chronic pain sufferers?

Options
misssmaria
misssmaria Posts: 27 Member
Looking for buddies who are experiencing similar obstacles.
Open diary.

Replies

• bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Hello, hope you find someone to share your journey with. While I don't suffer chronic pain, my mother has polymyalgea and my sister has lupus so I do have some understanding of the difficulties that you are probably facing. Happy to be a friend although not quite what you're looking for. xx
  • gigglyhippo
    gigglyhippo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have chronic pain due to having Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (and a few other things). I just joined this group and I'm looking for friends who understand too xx
  • misssmaria
    misssmaria Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have joint hypermobility syndrome, fibromyalgia and a tear on my right hip. Happy to add friends from all backgrounds :)
  • Traceyrugby
    Traceyrugby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I have cerabal palsey left side I have lots of meds everyday including morphine patches HRT patches and lexitrine for uat xx feel free to add me x
  • Ian_thompson
    Ian_thompson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can sort of relate, I have Auoimmune hepatitis, cfs, and the side effects of the meds mean i have pain almost daily although a different pain each day, so its a bit pot luck where it will be, amongst other stuff. I have found that going the gym has helped a lot with the CFS.
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I definitely have chronic pain issues. I am 36, have arthritis throughout my body, made worse by my hypermobility. I've just started swimming again but even that hurts!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have fibromyalgia, Raynaud's phenomenon, arthritis, Mortons neuroma, plantar fasciitis and hyper mobility. I'm currently trying to increase my movement, doing little walks and stretches to try and increase strength after being bed bound/ wheelchair bound for a very long time
    It's nice to chat to people who understand being in pain. I also post in chronic pain and weight loss group
  • paulgads82
    paulgads82 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Me. I have ME/CFS.
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi I have nerve damage in my lower back and server migraine semi controlled by anti eplipic meds , just had a brain scan to see if they can do anything else.I've been here since 2010 had the nerve damage since 2005 but didn't Know until I had a relapse in 2014. So feel free to add me or inbox me
  • Palaeobecbec
    Palaeobecbec Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chronic pain and fatigue from neuroma following abdominal surgery in 2001. Feel free to add me.
  • Alouema2
    Alouema2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't have this thankfully but popping in as my mum and sister have fibro among other things (mum has loads!) but both are regulars at the gym. They just have to take a break now & again.
    Hopefully I can share tips between lol
  • LadyClaire86
    LadyClaire86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi i have myotonic dystrophy it's a inherited muscle wasting condition
  • Carbybarbie
    Carbybarbie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi I have Fibro , under active thyroid high blood pressure osteo arthritis and plantar fasciitis so I know your stuggles x some days are worse than others and I'm trying to push myself to walk a little longer and a little further every day . add me as a friend of you want to chat or friendly encouragement
  • susannah521
    susannah521 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have lumbar degenerative disc disease, impinging on the L5 nerve which is the one running down the outside of my legs to my ankles. Also have hypermobility, most badly in my ankles
  • FlissFloss78
    FlissFloss78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @susannah521 I also have EDS with DDD. My L5/S1 herniated into my spinal canal in January 2013. I also just found out that I have another 2 discs bulging in my lumbar region as well! Yippee!
    I try to do hydrotherapy every weekend. Its been keeping me going for an age!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi have ME/CFS - for 10 years now :(
  • FlissFloss78
    Options
    How are we all doing today? This changing weather is killing me!
    If any of you fancy it, Manchester university are doing a study on how weather effects our pain. Look for 'Cloudy with a chance of pain'. It'll ask you some questions and then send you to an app called uMotif.
    Enjoy!
  • FlissFloss78
    Options
    Struggling to keep track at the moment. My mums off her feet due to an abscess in her foot and my dads just found out he has cancer. Plus my body is struggling to cope.
    Any advice for getting back on track is most welcome!