Insurance Coverage

Options
KC5115
KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
What type of insurance do you all have?

I tried a 1 month trial of Saxenda with my doctor and she had said Cigna covers it. I also work with another doctor who is on our board and she said Cigna covers it.

Then when speaking with Cigna today, they said it is not covered. I am so confused as to why.

Replies

• mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have great west life here in canada...they cover it but I needed special authorization and they only approved me for 1 year
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I will look into it. I have never heard of West Life here.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
  • emcgehee1
    emcgehee1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I heard some BC/BS plans cover it - but not small group plans.
  • de7inhim
    de7inhim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I called Saxenda and registered for savings card. BC/BS covered then. This is beginning week 3 but I think I messed up the titration went 1.2 then to 2.4. But I see some did time at 1.8??? Help I know 3.0 is my top goal. Lost 8pounds thus far. Terrible back pain kidney???
  • chelle_g
    chelle_g Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have Anthem BC/BS. When the pharmacy contacted them they denied it. My doctor called an they are covering for 1 yr now. I have a $35 co pay.
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cigna covers mine with a $235 co-pay. My Dr had to fill out a medical history form to cover. With the savings card (which covers up to $200 per month) I pay $35 out of pocket. Dr did a separate Rx for the needles as well and insurance paid 100%
  • WxGirLiz
    WxGirLiz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had to put in a preauthorization. Sunlife agreed to pay 80% for one year.
  • rusti_knight
    rusti_knight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone gotten a preauth with United? My doctor offered this to me as an option since Contrave was rough on me (hello, anxiety attack!) and I think of the list she gave I'm going to choose to try this one, but I really need it covered or I won't be able to get it. It costs too much otherwise.
  • khiggi77
    khiggi77 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Tricare will not for any reason pay, also with Tricare bc of it being government insurance the savings card is void even if its self pay with no insurance. Be aware of this with medicare as well. I do know you can have a dr request a prior authorization for most insurance. good luck everyone!!!
  • Mandi5Dogs
    Mandi5Dogs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have BlueCross/BlueShield of AL. I found out today it is up to your company whether weight loss/management is covered under your insurance. I assume the cost of coverage is different. Mine does not over it, so I am not certain what I am going to do. The odd thing is that they will cover bariatric surgery. It's nuts!!!!
  • jenniferluvscrafts
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago did very well . I did gain 20 lbs my surgeon has me on Saxneda now and my insurance is covering it no problems.