Hanging Skin

Options
Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight and their belly skin hangs. All together I have lost 241 lbs, still have more to go. The skin that hangs from my tummy, it's so annoying. I chaff all the time, it makes exercise so difficult. I was told to use spray deodorant, trying today to see if it helps.
It is depressing and makes me feel like a blob. I have loose skin in tunmy, arms, legs, butt, side of my breast and breast. So everywhere.
How do you deal with this? I just feel so unattractive. My husband tells me all the time that it is okay, that I am healthy now, but I just feel like I lose all the weight to be a skin blob...

Replies

• FrankShabangu
    FrankShabangu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight and their belly skin hangs. All together I have lost 241 lbs, still have more to go. The skin that hangs from my tummy, it's so annoying. I chaff all the time, it makes exercise so difficult. I was told to use spray deodorant, trying today to see if it helps.
    It is depressing and makes me feel like a blob. I have loose skin in tunmy, arms, legs, butt, side of my breast and breast. So everywhere.
    How do you deal with this? I just feel so unattractive. My husband tells me all the time that it is okay, that I am healthy now, but I just feel like I lose all the weight to be a skin blob...

Hey sorry to hear about the loose skin. It sucks no matter which way you look at it. Your husband is right so. You're healthy and that matters more.

Don't have personal experience with loose skin but I feel like that is a "to be continued" state that.

All the best further though.

Hope things change for you. However fantastic job for getting this far.
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I too have this challenge. I actually have a area of what my doctor calls tissue-I call it fat that is larger than a basketball that hangs from my lower belly that weighs about 40 lbs so I understand your challenges. There is a wonderful product that you place between skin folds called InterDry. You can find it at their website or better yet Amazon. It is a little pricey but works well and can be reused as long as it is dry. You cut off only what you need. Best to get in rolls, single sheets cost more and size is limited. I know that surgery to remove this is plastic surgery. It is often difficult to get approval from the insurance company. Discuss this with your doctor.

You are awesome for what you have accomplished. Do not let your extra skin stress you out..if you are healthy, you have some much more.
  • MensaDropout
    MensaDropout Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Zeasorb works well as well and even comes with and without Nystatin in it which is an anti fungal that can be used if you get any kind of a yeast infection in the folds under your skin. Zeasorb is a powder that absorbs many times it's weight in moisture and holds it away from your skin. Read the directions and make sure to talk to your pharmacist and or physician if you think you need the one with Nystatin. You can order this through the pharmacy but does not require a prescription. Good luck!