Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sodium Intake

Smurfe04
Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
Since I have started tracking my food in MFP I struggle with sodium intake more than anything so far. I have went over my recommended sodium intake quite a few days. I really need some ideas for low sodium meals and snacks.

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    When I first started on MFP i also did the whole30 diet. It's not easy but as I think day 15 strolled along I felt so much better and the cravings stopped. My best friend suggested it as he said if he had to travel with me any longer with my stomach making horrible noises he couldn't take it. Yep I have an intolerance for gluten and on the diet figured that out. Also figured out I need to stay close to my protein levels and I'm good with the cravings. I didn't stay on it for more than 2 months but it put my food in line. I ate more veggies and fruit which are low in sodium. Not to say I don't have an occasional piece of pizza granted the world knows as my stomach howls like it's possessed by aliens. It's something you could consider even if it just gets you out of your craving funk. It's not a full time lifestyle for me I like yogurt. ;)
  • Smurfe04
    Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
    Yogurt was one food that shocked me with how much sodium it contained. I had been eating the Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt. Surprised it had 150 mg sodium per serving. I guess in the long run that isn't that much but combined with the rest of my lunch of a ham sandwich on Jewish rye bread w/ brown mustard along with a single serving of low fat cottage cheese, a handful of baby carrots and raw cauliflower totaled like 1680 mg sodium.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    Lol on a good day I get 1200 sodium.