missing yesterdays calorie adjustment

Options
morihay
morihay Posts: 50 Member
had a calorie adjustment friday and today but MFP didnt show my adjusment for yesterday and i ran 7 miles i should have had quite a large adjustment i have synced both and it still doesnt show
up i can add it manual but i like it just to do it wondering why it would do that

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Depends on where the breakdown was - not enough info to know.

look at that Fitbit calorie adjustment - click on the "i" for more details, or in app hold and view them.

That will tell you if MFP is even working with recent numbers, compared to what Fitbit ended up with.
  • morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thats what i am saying MFP didnt sync with fit bit a day and it did the day before and the day after my fitbit says i burned 3464 calories that day and MFP base is 2069 so i should have had an earned calorie 1395 but for some reason under exercise it didnt have the
    normal fitbit adjustmant there is nothing to push to see the detials just wondering what would make it not show up for that day
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh - you could create a bogus workout on that day in MFP. Go for sleepy time, 500 calories for an hour.

It will sync across to Fitbit and replace that calorie count - and should cause a sync back across.

Once you see it - delete the bogus workout and wait.

After another sync it should keep the Fitbit adjustment - but change the figures.

Creating this just in Fitbit should cause it to happen to - I've had more success starting with MFP though.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a calories adjustment since Wednesday and I should have. ....
    The fitbit is talking and syncing to the app and the phone, but it's not relaying to MFP my calorie adjustment...
    I'll try putting in a workout and seeing if it get's with it...
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Apparently it's a site wide thing... I didn't have fitbit checked under 'steps' in the app.
    Here's how to do it :)
    Mines fixed for today, but guess not for the last 3 days.. oh well working again so..

I had the same issue, and the answer is in their help section. It worked for me. Instructions copied and pasted below

Fitbit Steps Integration: Troubleshooting for "Steps"

If you're experiencing an issue with your Fitbit activity and Step data updating to your MyFitnessPal app on iOS or Android, please try following these exact steps, which resolve the issue in most instances. We are working on a long term fix to prevent the situation solved by the process outlined below.

Launch the MyFitnessPal app, then in the Menu (or "More" page), tap Steps, and disconnect from Fitbit there.

Then log out or force quit the app. Please make sure you know your username and password before doing so. If you need to reset your password please visit https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/forgot_password (your username should be included the body of that email, and please note it will Not be the same as your email address).

Then perform the following:
    - Click the gear icon, then settings
    - Next click Applications
    - Then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button for MyFitnessPal
    - Then go to the www.MyFitnessPal.com website in a web browser (not the mobile app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30

Finally, log back into the MyFitnessPal app, go back to Steps, and reassign Fitbit as your step source.

At this point if you are not seeing information transfer automatically, please do let