Introductions

Options
Hi, friends and welcome! Please feel free to share about yourself here.

I am Sara, a former teacher and now a stay-at-home grandmother. Best gig ever! I joined MFP 2.5 years ago and have found the resources here and the friends I've made to be quite helpful in keeping me motivated. I am 10 pounds lighter than when I joined (at a "normal" weight for my height and frame) and more fit. I don't formally exercise much, having become extremely bored with my stationary bike. But, I am quite active working in my yard and garden, walking about our 13 acres, and playing with my little ones.

I look forward to learning a bit about you through this group!

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Marcella. I've lost 33 pounds since joining MFP December, 2014. I have been stuck at the same weight for about 5 months now and I'm ready to lose some more. I want to welcome Labor Day much closer to my goal weight. I have about 20 pounds to go. I enjoy camping, gardening and walking/hiking.
    Thank you, Sara, for setting up the Labor Day Challenge group.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am Amber and I hope it's ok if I join y'all for this challenge. I joined MFP several years ago but quit logging in for a long time 2nd now I am back hoping to finally get this weight off. My goal for this challenge are:

1. Lose 17 lbs get under 240
    2. Excercise at least 5 day a week
    3. Log food more
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody my name is Freyja. I have been part of these groups for two years now. WHile I have not always been successful i still enjoy them. They help me keep trying even when I am feeling frustrated and wanting to quit. I enjoy seeing everyones successes as well as failures its nice to know we are all fighting together
  • cher192
    cher192 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Cheryl. My goal is to lose 24 pounds by labor day. I would like to make my eating habits a life style change and also work out a lot more. Thank you for this challenge group.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Looking to loose about 15 pounds by Labor day.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So nice to have old friends back and new friends here too! Welcome to our new challenge members, Cher192 and DixieGal2484!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody! I'm so excited to be a part of this challenge because apparently I need accountability :). Last month my food choices were so pathetic that I actually packed on a few pounds. I'm hoping to get rid of them by eating healthy meals, drinking at least 2 liters of water a day and exercising regularly. I don't have a scale here (I won't be back home till mid September) so I'll try to keep track with a measuring tape instead ;).

Will we have a spreadsheet or some sort of weekly challenges and weigh-ins? What's the plan?
  • CumberlandGrammy
    Options
    @lalajka You sound energized and have me feeling more inspired to push on this summer. I am unable to make a spreadsheet due to computer issues, but welcome anyone who would like to set one up. We have had spreadsheets in the past in this group. When I did have access, I liked using the charting system of a spreadsheet. I do keep my own data (weight, water consumption, exercise, food log) in a paper and pencil calendar. I like to look back and notice my trends and such. I know you can do all that on the MFP website. I just seem to be more consistent and more old school with my little diary of sorts. Another strategy we've used in the past is to create weekly updates through a new discussion where we shared our goals for the week and reflected on our previous week. Some members like to have daily accountability and so they tend to post and update daily goals. I say do what works for you, change it when it doesn't work or when you need a new jumpstart, and let us know when you need more support, encouragement, advice, or whatever.

So, in response to "what's the plan?" What do you, or any of our fellow members, want the plan to be? We can shape and direct it! If anyone wants a leader role, I will be glad to set that up. I simply started this group, but am a bit laid back and very happy to hand over or share the reins. Oh, and "oops" on labeling this a "challenge." It may not really have the form of a challenge as it is, but we sure could make it one if we wish.

Really glad to have everyone here! I know a few folks who had trouble finding this group. If someone could take a leader role and issue some invitations, I'd be so thankful. Still unable to add the app to my overfull phone.
  • 911kate
    911kate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I everyone. Kate here. I just decided to come back to MFP and was happy to find your group. A goal for weight and fitness accountability between now and Labor Day sounds realistic so count me IN and ready to DO IT! Thanks for the group effort and support. Best wishes to all! I will start logging everything tomorrow morning.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    Options
    Welcome, @911kate ! We are happy to have you join us!