Week one challenges

Options

Replies

• 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with drinking the water I add squash or a lemon.
    I have been putting off the Zumba but I will get it done today.
    I have been giving my dogs a extra walk too.
  • littlebarry
    littlebarry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I finished the Zumba challenge (37 min) and hiked with my dog for 76 min: 2.25 miles, 500 ft of climbing (and descending).
  • littlebarry
    littlebarry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoyed the Zumba challenge, although I'm sure I looked pretty stupid. I think you're supposed to mirror the people, but my mind kept picturing being in line with them, facing me...scary!
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, how are we all doing today? :)

Just want acknowledge @ajfuelling, @highlandshoppa, @Jaeek, @littlebarry, @lja860813, @MajorMusic13, @rusgolden and @tyedyechick0930 for completing the Zumba challenge. It's great to have nipped this in the bud and hopefully the rest of us will follow suit soon - great work, team!

Our scores are looking good at the moment, but I don't want to jinx it as there seems to be missing data between the teams. It'll be interesting to see how the week finishes!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    We were in last yesterday evening and we are in 2nd right now. Team 1 is already relaxing on the beach in Miami and are organizing a volleyball game and drinking mojitos. We could easily make it to join them on the beach today with just a little over 30 minutes of exercise from everyone!!! So go get it and log your miles early so we can claim that 2nd place finish, we've got teams nipping on our heels. Let's land this plane :)

*I'm going to run on my lunch hour and log those minutes right away and then will add in my evening work-out later once it is completed.*
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    We were in last yesterday evening and we are in 2nd right now. Team 1 is already relaxing on the beach in Miami and are organizing a volleyball game and drinking mojitos. We could easily make it to join them on the beach today with just a little over 30 minutes of exercise from everyone!!! So go get it and log your miles early so we can claim that 2nd place finish, we've got teams nipping on our heels. Let's land this plane :)

*I'm going to run on my lunch hour and log those minutes right away and then will add in my evening work-out later once it is completed.*

I added my morning routine in as well. I actually think we would be close to reaching the beach if we could get the MIA members to add their time in. If you are having issues with the spreadsheet, post your minutes for each day on here and one of us will get them entered for you.
  • Meowler
    Options
    Speaking of MIA members, when would be a good time to get in touch with MissionEnforcer? I'm unable to complete the Meet & Greet until I have the last name accepted. I'm not sure how anyone has points for this and have a feeling that these will be dismissed without a firm accept.
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think I have everyone on mine.. I will have to check again. I will speak to MissionEnforcer today.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    We are only 254 miles from Miami and coming in 2nd on this leg....go, go, go! I just logged 38 minutes for my run and will log another 30 minutes around 4 p.m. after yoga. :)
  • rusgolden
    Options
    Meowler wrote: »
    Speaking of MIA members, when would be a good time to get in touch with MissionEnforcer? I'm unable to complete the Meet & Greet until I have the last name accepted. I'm not sure how anyone has points for this and have a feeling that these will be dismissed without a firm accept.

True... I entered in my points since I sent out friend requests to everyone. According to the "rules" on this, it looked like if we had peeps who hadn't accepted any requests and were MIA by the end of the week, they would be pulled from the comp and we would keep the points for everyone else... or something along those lines. I think @Dnarules is still the only one that hasn't accepted mine yet.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    I entered my points with the same train of though as @rusgolden

@Dnarules posted the other day on the Team 5 thread that she had been out of town but was going to catch up...should someone reach out to her?
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    Looks like we are waiting for @Dnarules to accept our friends requests so we can get our 10 points.
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    I don't have a problem with drinking the water I add squash or a lemon.
    I have been putting off the Zumba but I will get it done today.
    I have been giving my dogs a extra walk too.

ZUMBA done phew ! hated that .
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I logged my minutes from yesterday. And I'll complete 60 minutes today with my evening walk after work. I was going to check if anyone would be able to enter my minutes for me while I'm on vacation if I post them or message someone? I'm not sure I'll have access to the group message boards. @highlandshoppa I see you post reminders about getting our exercise in. If I reply to you with my minutes could you add them for me to the spreadsheet Friday through next Saturday, July 2nd? I'm going out of state on vacation and not sure if they will have internet at the house we are renting. But, I'll have my phone I can use to check in daily still.
    Hopefully we'll get to Miami by the end of the day. =) I'll be on the beach for real by this Saturday. Really looking forward to this vacation and also planning lots of walking.
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind the first zumba video and the last Pitbull one because I liked the music. The others in between..I didn't care for the music and the dance leader guy kept distracting me with his saggy crotch britches...anyone else bugged by that or just me? Haha.

• rusgolden
    Options
    I didn't mind the first zumba video and the last Pitbull one because I liked the music. The others in between..I didn't care for the music and the dance leader guy kept distracting me with his saggy crotch britches...anyone else bugged by that or just me? Haha.

^^^ Yes!... and they were a godawful ugly yellow too! LOL. I'm sure someone can get your time entered for you... either post to the weekly challenge thread on here or as you mentioned on the feed. Enjoy the vacation and beach!
  • Meowler
    Options
    Well done @2016summerfun and @tyedyechick0930. I still need to do the Zumba but will definitely be completing it sometime this week. Hopefully I'll be too flustered jumping around to notice the lead dancer you're talking about. Yikes!

Also if anyone needs help filling in the spreadsheet then I'm happy to volunteer. Just let me know in advance and I'll make a note of your username. I know some people are having issues accessing it on their phones and I think it really needs to be done from a PC.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    We did it!! Arrived Miami 2nd!! Let's tack up some bonus points now :)
  • Meowler
    Options
    @highlandshoppa I just want to add that we're only 30 challenge points behind T1 at the moment! Just need to work on those 10% bonuses and we'll nail them in no time! :)
  • iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Well done everybody!

I only have @fieldnicole184 left to accept my FR to get those 10 points. Drinking water is not much of an issue. I did 2 zumba videos this morning, and will continue with the rest of them tomorrow. My workout schedule is a little bit crazy right now, and my whole body is still aching after the session with my PT yesterday. But I decided not to cancel today's gym workouts and to power through the pain. :smiley: